Daylight Savings Petition

Heath

It'd be terrible for me. I just landed work hours of 11am-7pm M-F. If DLS came in I'd lose an hour of fishing light in the morning. Plus finishing at 7pm it'd still be almost dark by then anyway.

Just my own selfish objections.

Also my parents have it in NSW and they say it's annoying because you'll be out and about then come home expecting to watch the news and it finished an hour ago.

If anything setting the clocks back the other way would be better. Give everyone an extra hour of sunlight in the morning so we can all go for a pre-work fish! Daybreak is the best time of day.

jeff f wrote:

qld tried that crap years ago.

no way, nuh, not ever again, sucks.

i like the dark happening when its ment to not at some wetback determined time

+1 for that

why does this crap keep getting trudged out again and again when we allready voted against it?

make do people!B)

I remember over a year ago now the courier mail ran a segment about daylight savings where people could send in their questions to be answered about the subject. There were some absolute classics, the best of which went something along the lines of:

Will my garden cope okay with the extra hour of sunlight? :dry: :blink: :laugh:

No joke.

Joel ;)

bahah yeah thats a cracker. It's funny how its a topic that completely polarises opinion. But anything political is like that.

BTW, since our esteemed premier declared that there shall not be daylight saving, what effect can a petition have? Is the whole petition exercise pointless for the pro-DLS team or can the decision actually be overriden?

Archived