Leejin

G'day Leejin

Do you throw a cast net? If you do, you should try out Colmslie for prawns, whether you want fresh/freezer bait or a feed. I have also heard tales of people catching threadfin off the pier there, but unless you are night fishing with live bait (and there isn't a crowd of fisherman) I don't think you'd have a high chance (very well fished). I've never had much luck at Nudgee, either. You also get a lot of herring at Colmslie. 

You could try the Pine River/Shorncliffe area, I've heard the Shorncliffe Pier fishes well for bream, flathead, whiting and possibly cod. I'd assume it's using prawn, though that's just from being shown/told about it. If you can find a jetty or landbased spot on the Pine I'd say give it a go, (google maps) probably fishing with prawns, and fish strips would probably work too. I've only been on the Pine once (I caught a sole and little bream on a friends tinny) but if you're fishing muddier areas you'd probably get bream, cod, etc while on the flats whiting, sole, flathead, etc. Also, remember a couple lures 🙂 If you can throw a net, try for some prawns too.

Hope this has helped,

Cheers Hamish 🙂