Looks like this Sunday could be nice out on the ocean

Ed.

Had a look at the weather maps and this Sunday is looking like it may be a great day out on the ocean reefs out from Cape Morton, such as Flinders, Hutchinsons etc., (actually anywhere in the Bay as well), low swells and minimal wind with the peak fishing time about lunch time, so gentleman hours. Might even have a chance to talk the missus into going out. Personally I think that every man and his dog is going to be out there as unfortunately it is not during the week so the boat ramps and parking may be chockers.

Anyone else going out?

Not happy this morning, woke up early to go out fishing and could barely get out of bed, by fixing the trailer brakes on Friday so that we could go out today I pulled a few back muscles so that has killed that idea, how's that for irony!, and I think that was the last chance I had for getting out for the next couple of months now. So the weather is perfect and ocean very good, plenty of bait, full fuel tanks, missus is not working this weekend and this happens. Grumble, grumble, grumble. 😢

On 28/03/2021 at 12:03 PM, Hweebe said:

Target species was winter whiting. Mint day. Out at first light for run it tide. Slower going but we did manage our bag by 11am. Lunch on the water and back at the ramp by 12pm. Manly boat ramp was surprisingly good...not that busy still plenty of empty spaces. The quality and size of the whiting was on the small side but the goal was to fillet the good size ones and then keep the smaller specimens as snapper bait 😊

Good job Hweebe. I'd be happy with a day like that any day!

Cheers Hamish

P.S. Hope you can get out soon Ed.