What rod should I use with my Daiwa Aird 2500 reel

Oliver274

Lots of people will have their favourite brand or model of rod, but that doesn’t mean it is the best one for you. Your best bet would be to take your reel to your local tackle shop, tell the sales dude what sort of fishing you do and what your budget is and let him or her select a few from the huge range that is available these days. Put your reel on each one and see how it feels. Most of these guys do know a bit about fishing and they are not generally out to rip you off.  BCF has a reasonable range but other than their advertised specials, I don’t think they are any cheaper than other tackle shops and the advise varies depending on which store you are in.  Yours may be a good one, but it doesn’t hurt to shop around. You should get a pretty good rod in your price range, but make sure you are happy with it before you commit to buying.

7 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Lots of people will have their favourite brand or model of rod, but that doesn’t mean it is the best one for you. Your best bet would be to take your reel to your local tackle shop, tell the sales dude what sort of fishing you do and what your budget is and let him or her select a few from the huge range that is available these days. Put your reel on each one and see how it feels. Most of these guys do know a bit about fishing and they are not generally out to rip you off.  BCF has a reasonable range but other than their advertised specials, I don’t think they are any cheaper than other tackle shops and the advise varies depending on which store you are in.  Yours may be a good one, but it doesn’t hurt to shop around. You should get a pretty good rod in your price range, but make sure you are happy with it before you commit to buying.

7 hours ago, ellicat said:

$180 should get you a decent rod for what you want it for.

%100 agree with Ellicat and old Scaley 

Everyone has their own preferences and brands . Some prefer daiwa reels some prefer shimano some prefer 6,6 rods for estuary fishing some prefer 7 foot and over. many will argue one is better then the other but at the end of the day you gotta use what feels best for you . I’d recommend doing what old Scaley mentioned go into a tackle shop and ask the people there . and $180 is plenty for a rod and reel although my banking history would disagree