6 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Ok so I know most of you think I am making my own private reef in Moreton Bay. Well its true and only the Southsiders will be told where it is. 🙂

Great video but as I feared, the video has unfortunately shown a bit too much background and I fear those festy northside hicks will recognise Macleay and Russel Islands in the background ....... 🤔. They're also no doubt wondering why us southsiders aren't clever enough to launch closer to our drop zone, rather than having to haul the oysters all the way from the Brisbane River to our southern island location ........... 😆.

Australians of the year you lot. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Thank you for what you're doing. When I retire, I will join you. 

Are these being dropped in green zones mate? 

Asking not for fishing but for the share farmers going in and helping themselves to your hard work. 

I hope I am wrong but the amount of blatant theft out there in the bay is beyond comprehension. 

8 hours ago, Junky said:

Are these being dropped in green zones mate? 

Asking not for fishing but for the share farmers going in and helping themselves to your hard work. 

I hope I am wrong but the amount of blatant theft out there in the bay is beyond comprehension. 

I would like to put them in green zones but only because St Helena is a pretty awesome spot and would be great for shellfish reef restoration. 

These ones are subtidal so there is no problem with theft.

We had 50 bags (about 300 dozen) oysters stollen from our lease last Christmas. That sucked.  

Generally there are plenty of oysters out there on rocks etc if you wanted a feed so I don't really worry too much about people taking them for themselves. I hope I am right... 

20 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

the video has unfortunately shown a bit too much background

I know we are gonna get a lot of fishers at the spot. It is a bit of a shame because we want to show (by underwater video) that they are producing a great number of fish. Taking them would reduce the numbers but I hope there will be so many and mostly juvenile that it won't matter. 

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

Yep. They started earlier than the Moreton Bay restoration.

Stop lying Brian. I'm confident enough that we are going to beat the hapless Northsiders (again ......) that we can be honest about this one. @Jono4500, that was just a trick that @Drop Bear did for fun to see how many northsider's would anchor up on a barren spot and put many, many hours in waiting for snapper to appear ............ 🤣.

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Stop lying Brian. I'm confident enough that we are going to beat the hapless Northsiders (again ......) that we can be honest about this one. @Jono4500, that was just a trick that @Drop Bear did for fun to see how many northsider's would anchor up on a barren spot and put many, many hours in waiting for snapper to appear ............ 🤣.

only way you guys can win is through deception. just speaks of the southsiders true nature

16 hours ago, Jono4500 said:

There's a spot in the pumice stone passage known as the ripples, there's a buoy marked 'shellfish restoration device' or similar. Is that what's going on there as well? 

That one went in about 3 -4 years ago. I have dived on it a fair bit. They have seen a 16x increase in fish numbers.

Pretty awesome. 

13 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

OOPS I should have read this before I posted the misinformation in the last post. haha. 

• 2 weeks later...