BRC day 1 INSANE!!

pinkey

Ok well i just posted atleast a 1000 word report but when i clicked submit it said forbidden ect and it is now gone.. anyway LONG story short...

Got up, Got about 20 livies at pinkenba boat ramp, went to sign on, Got dumped at at the bretts wharf area with callum. Callum got a big ray, i got my first ever shovel nose shark at 77cm. :). moved along for some stinkin small catties, callum then got a 64cm salmon tailed catty our first of this kind and a new pb, on a mullet. A few 50ish cm catties later and were about to pack up when we get a double hookup of big catties, Mine 60cm his 65. Took the 65cm to the weigh in and did ok. Was in ORE Of stu and plastic mans bream by far the biggest ive ever seen in real life, awsome fish guys!!!!!. Went back home and went down to our little spot, with our rivals, team \"Bita bite\". Some other losers showed up drinking and making fires ect, but we soon shook them off;). I had a big run on my shark rod for nothing, next cast all hell broke loose, I casted out a nice 20cm mullet on my shark rod. Got a Big hit and was on, Tom (fishyman) was also on. And in the dark 3 rods were tangled, ME with a bullie on , Tom with a big cattie on and luke with.... well... Nothing on:blush: .. Finnaly got it untangled and a short sharp fight a bullie was thrashing around the shallows, I asked tom to lean down and grabb the trace and bring it up, He didnt know the wire trace was so short and accidently grabbed the frayed 20lb mono and it snapped!!!.. Without thinking Tom did something that would make Steve Irwin proud! without hesitation he launched himself into the water in darkness at the free shark and somehow managed to get hold of his tail.. IT was unbelievable! YOUR MY HERO TOM, even tho hes our arch rival he saved my shark CHEERS MATE. So i landed my 2nd shark in 2days and my biggest ever. Was very happy. After that it was only eels and catties.. When even more hell broke loose, Tom had just landed a big pike eel about 1m on a set of 3 gangs, tom was having abit of trouble getting the hook out so i thought seing he dived in for my shark, ill give him a little help. BAD IDEA. I grabbed the eels neck as hard as i could but it was so bloody slippery it slipped out and sent the eel into a BEZERK state. Shaking like mad, I felt a sharp pain in my hand, One of the gangs had firmly inbedded itself into my right hand and was coming out my skin like you would rig up a mullet. OUCHHHHH, At the same time the bloody thing was munching on my left pinky... The boys didnt know what was going on as it was dark and found it VERY Funny and wernt doing anything but laughing when i had a 1m pike eel hanging off the hang hooks thrashing around which were attatched to my hand. They found out it was more serious and stopped laughing lol. Once they cut the hook with a strong pair of thosoe cutting plier things it didnt realy hurt much just looked painful. A trip to the medical center and she is all fixed ready to fish again 2morrow!! On the uppside, dont have to play cricket 2morrow now which gives me more time to fish!! In all a great action packed day. Cya 2morrow!

Might post pics up 2morrow night or after the classic.

Well you'll have some scars to match your name now (pinkey!).

Hope you got that shark for weighing in tonight!

My first encounter with a pike eel, I thought a landing net would be the go for the rotten slimy thing, went straight through the net tail first, landed on my feet. Talk about doing a quick step! I didn't get bitten though luckily.

:laugh: yeh i admit i was kaking myself until i realised he had a hook going through one end of his hand and out the other. So i went along with tim to the medical centre ;) Though i do not like to admit he was alot braver then i would have been about it :lol: So we going down to the same spot we did last night then take the boat out from jindalee boat ramp and have a cast at some of the nice looking creeks. Hopefully we will be able go into the weigh in with another fish today hope to see you guys there.

ahah yeah that was legendary, if it makes you feel any better :P if that shark had off snapped off and swam away i would have just weighed in the bigger one i caught the next morning hahaha :blink: anyway lol it was all abit of fun.. You gotta show me how to use one of these baitcaster things, got my first birdsnest just before, can only cast a ck40 a pool length so far.. maybe kevinchen can help me :)

Archived