Dino cheapie does the trick

Brian D

I must also add Brian had extreme confidence in this lure telling Rod and myself that he will pull in a fish within five minutes of using it, after getting it out of a tree that he cast into :P I reckon he nailed that fish on the 4minute 30second mark giving us a very pleased and confident Chilly D

Some of those imitations do still catch fish. Usually not as many but they still can be effective.

Prime examples are Kokoda's Gvibes and sprogs which catch flatties, whiting, Mangrove Jack and bream.

The main difference is the cheaper hooks and rings and they don't get as much wiggle and don't swim as straight.

Other cheapos that work are the river to sea lures that are very similar to megabass. they are a bit of a step up from kokoda in my opinion though.

Basically, I've found cheap lures still catch fish you just have to work a bit harder to get results and pay more attention to what your lure is doing in the water. I also think sometimes the way cheap lures dart left or right randomly can induce a strike on occasion.

Another ok cheapo are those Australian Outback Kmart lures you can pick up for $4. They are pretty effective on flattie and small Trevelley.

Up in price a bit but not really the strike pros aren't bad either.

Woah, that was a novel of a reply but I'm passionate about Hard Bodies.

Archived