Mid North Coast NSW Wild Bass

FishingCrazy

Hi Guys, first time posting in here. I use to post on Kayak Fishing Down Under but that closed down a long time ago.

Only just found this forum, looking forward to getting to know you all and share info, learn a bit from you all  and share some trip reports.

Anyways, first trip report from a few days ago.

With all the rivers around here, Coffs Coast area, flowing hard after minor flood levels meaning the Clarence, Nymboida, Bellinger etc were moving too fast for a relaxing kayak session. So I decided to give a smaller creek in my local area a crack.

I had been told by a couple of people over the years that there are bass in there, but have driven past it a thousand times and never had a fish.

Have fished the creek in the salt many times but this was the first time upstream in the fresh........and was pleasantly surprised.

Only took a handful of surface lures with me, a couple of MMD splash prawns and some Zman frogs, and after an hour at first light of no touches I was thinking there are either no bass in here or I stuffed up and should have brought some divers with me as maybe their not interested in surface today??

Then for some reason, that only the bass could answer lol,   they started taking interest in the surface lures.

Many smaller fish caught, with a few larger fish caught which all seemed to be the exact same size at 38cms? Was starting to think it was the same fish following me all morning. lol.

Anyway, here is a vid of some of the action.

Surface fishing is soooooo addictive, might not catch as many, compared to subsurface, with lots of short strikes but the fun factor is worth it.

Thanks

All cows have to stand like that from time to time to absorb the water to dissolve their milk powder. haha

Welcome to the AFO forum. Back in the 2000's there were quite a few members here that were also members of the KFDU forum.

Top first post. Looking forward to some more reports. I agree that surface fishing in a creek/river is great fun.