mzaakir

Hi guys, I got a daiwa infeet 722 casts 0.5-5grams and is 7ft 2. Love the rod and definitley keeping it but is there something lighter that will cast lighter lures further since the infeet didnt cast those super light ones that far. I dont know whether I should get a lighter rod or a longer rod. I'll be using it to cast super light soft plastics and primarily targeting bream, whiting. Have a 1000 stradic i am likely to pair with it, might get another one if i feel like it but most likely ill just keep the stradic.

I have a budget around $350, any recommendation help.

Thanks

For light work I’ve got an Infeet 732LFS paired up with a 1000 Stradic running 6lb braid, it’s a nice little setup and is mostly used for 1/6th or 1/8th oz rigged soft plastics, can’t fault it, casts pretty good and is as light as a feather, haven’t tried pegging out anything lighter with it, but as @mangajackhas said, distance is all in loading it up.

My light rod is a Nitro tournament finesse 2kg, it's a bit out of that range at $450 but it's probably my favourite rod. 

But a Nitro Power bream 3kg is a close 2nd, I fish 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 and un-weighted plastics with it, even a 1.5" curl tail on a 1/32oz jig head goes out a fair way, but what's important about a rod like that is it needs to be fairly fast action with slower action tip so you can both cast good distance with accuracy and have the sensitivity to feel nibbles or pick ups, yet be stiff enough to let you set the hook. 

I've had some brilliant long slow action rods that really let me launch a light soft plastic out, but I kept dropping bites as it was too soft to set the hook, you had to really whip a very long rod to set the hook.