Nice Arvo at Shultz

Tim a

Good evening lads.

Troy and I had a good afternoon at shultz today, not an amazing amount caught, just some good fish and new spots.

Troy got 3 cod(small, medium and upper medium) all on my x-rap while I got 3 bream (small small decent) on sugar deeps and bubble pop 35s and 1 smallish cod on a Tilsan Bass.

Highlight of the day was probably finding a new bream spot upstream of the bridges and watching prawn after prawn get absolutely drilled by a pack of bream.

Good fishing

Tim [img size=455]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Troy_goodcod.JPG

post-96-144598436651_thumb.jpg

Tim a wrote:

Dan23 wrote:
I wish I had a heavier setup to turn to for casting bigger lures.

You mean you wish you had a kevin setup?

The wind wasn't to bad in the canal, I was using light lures all day and didn't have a problem.

I've got one of those cheap left handed Trions waiting under the tree plus a twin power 2500 with a spool of 6lb TD Sensor braid and a spare spool with 15lb Tuff line waiting under the tree. Plus a rack raider lol:P

So yeah, after xmas I'll be far better prepared for Schultz and I'll probably be there every second day.

Tim a wrote:

Haha thats a nice looking set up Dan.

We didn't do anything special today, Just fished deep near some submerged snags we found(the wrong way :( )

Yeah, I knew I wasn't fishing deep enough but didn't have any appropriate lures on hand.

I also lost a few lures but they were due to poor leader knot and woeful casting ability :dry: Werem't good ones luckily.

Well done on the popper bream too. All the bridges and overhanging branches must encourage the bream to look up there. I tried my towardi again there today but no action this time.

Tim a wrote:

i think i remember you from the classic?

i think you were one of the guys helping us out spotting fish at the poo shoot when we were trying to net?:blush:

nice haul for a days work too guys;)

well done.

Ian

rumrunner wrote:

Tim a wrote:

i think i remember you from the classic?

i think you were one of the guys helping us out spotting fish at the poo shoot when we were trying to net?:blush:

nice haul for a days work too guys;)

well done.

Ian

Yeah that was me Ian, Troy wasn't there tho.

We were unsure what the big cod spat up when it was caught, it spat up a series of bones that had a joint between them, couldn't have been from a fish, Troy guess someone chucked a whole chook into a crab pot.

Archived