brookfield creek

dom...

went down to brookfield creek really early this morning not excpeting much just to muck around............i get to my spot to be greeted with about 10 eel tailed catfish scattered around... as soon as they saw me they bolted into the banks....i fished for a while with bread and prawns but couldnt get anything....this massive eel tailed cattie was like right underneath this log i was standing on and it litteraly swam into my bread and didnt take it..............this spot is soo nice as it has heaps of fallen logs, lily pads and deep banks................

does any one have any tips on how i can catch these things??

P.S are eel tailed catfish carnivores or do they eat plants??

DOM

i went back down there today with a handline and turtle food...........nothing and got snagged in a tree before long................i found a few awsome new spots which look good.. one of them was this really nice deep part with heaps of strucutre for eels and if its possible it looks like spangled perch habitat............is it possible that they could be there.....the spot was about 4 metres wide and at least 2 metres deep

My old man has been well and truely spiked by an eel-tailed cat, said it was very painfull...

I've been spiked many times by forkies, mainly handling small ones for livies. I don't seem to have a problem with the bigger forkies.

I've mainly eaten jew from Big W, but I haven't caught one for a long time. I think the forkies are out competing them big time!

I'll agree with Dave that they are prone to overfishing in isolated waterways. Its interesting to see their \"nests\" though in clear water during breeding season.

Archived