crap morning at the pine

Troy_79

well i headed up to deepwater bend this morning arrived at 6am. it was a perfect morning weather wise but the fishing was crap. i sought of expected it as i haven't caught a decent fish up there in a while but i was confident i would get a few muddies.

I sat on the bank for 3 hrs got 2 tiny bites so i pulled out the sx40 i got for christmas and flicked it around for awhile but nothing. So i pulled up the pots and once again nothing. SO i got the shits and came home. But it was an awesome morning to be out fishing and it beats being at work.

This arvo im heading up to boggy creek to see if my luck can change. i dont know if its me or the spots im fishing but i haven't caught a decent fish since july. Hopefully the drought breaks tonight

Landbased in the pine is pretty hard going. Dont get me wrong Im sure good fish do get caught in there landbased

Live very close to the pine and in the last 2 years fishing it occasionally landbased i havent got anything all that great. Best catch was probably a 30cm cod at castle hill. Castle hill looks really fishy but I havent had all that much success there.

I fished deep water bend a week or so ago. Got 2 bream around 25cm and a whiting about the same size using frozen cooked prawns left over from christmas. Tide was running in and casting to the drop off on the edge of the channel.

Archived