where can i get rod blanks?

reef_raider

Hate to recommend things off site but a couple of other sites run rod building workshops where you have access to lathes and good advice and help doing some really smick binding pattens.

My mate John Ford used to do great binding but unfortunatly his eyrs and hands are no longer up to it. I have a rod that he made me with the Kennedy Tartan in the binding.

Cheers

Ray

pcsolutionman wrote:

guys your best bet is to buy from the states, the stuff costs a lot less and gets here in just a couple of days, i get all my stuff from.

www.mudhole.com

there shipping is fast and fairly cheap. you will save a lot shopping overseas online

Lee

Lee have you bought any blanks from there if yes how much was the shipping

cheers Gaz

ill also back mudhole up, ordered a few blanks and stuff and shipping was about $50 but i had quite a large box of stuff. best thing was it was at my door in under 5 working days. ive looked at alot of other sites and places for building stuff and can honestly say they have the cheapest stuff. another good place for really nice reel seats and winding checks is matagi, google it and have a look at his products, downside is some is in japanese

B_E_N wrote:

ill also back mudhole up, ordered a few blanks and stuff and shipping was about $50 but i had quite a large box of stuff. best thing was it was at my door in under 5 working days. ive looked at alot of other sites and places for building stuff and can honestly say they have the cheapest stuff. another good place for really nice reel seats and winding checks is matagi, google it and have a look at his products, downside is some is in japanese

Thanks for the top advice BEN. Welcome to the site by the way :)

Angus

Archived