FOTM General Chat - Threadfin Salmon

Angus

i have seen many of these fish on the surface within reaching disance!! when i first got here about november, im pretty sure it was at manly marina??? does that sound right, i was hitting them in the head with a lure LOL no strike, i tried plastics, HB, and bread no luck.. if any one is going to try for these from land today or tomorrow i would be very interested in comming along for a look see...

faulked wrote:

has any one seen these suckers hanging right on the surface with their fins protruding :unsure:

at my spot x you see heaps like that, but i havent been there for at least 3months so i dont even know if they are still there. most of the time they are constantly moving not just sitting there.

here you go mate,

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&id=15601&catid=51

How to submit Entries:-Entries must be received by 8pm on the last day of each month. Entries must be in the format shown below (a good idea would be to copy and paste and then fill out for your catch).

Angler:

Species:

Where Caught: (location eg Bretts Wharf or Pelican Banks etc)

When:

Size: Length (overall)

Weight: if possible

Photo: Attach photo by browsing and finding the photo/s and then when finished writing your entry hit submit and the image will automatically be included.

Caption: (write a quick caption of photo)

**Please provide photos showing whole fish and angler with fish**

The details I read was from the page that is displayed when selecting Fish of the Month from the menu under Fishing. I have pasted a bit of it below. As it mentions that you can show it (preferably next to something to gauge scale i a ruler or your hand) I thought I might as well post it.

If someone else has one with better proof then me then so be it. I enjoyed catching it and anything else is a bonus. Kids had fun as well.

"To be eligible for the prize, you will need photographic proof taken on the day of the catch showing the whole fish (preferably next to something to gauge scale i a ruler or your hand), as well as a photo of the angler with the fish. You will be able to capture all of this in one photo generally but with some of the larger species you may need to take a couple, one showing the whole fish and one showing the angler with the fish, although in this shot the fish does not have to be shown in full (ie for large fish that are not taken out of the water) "

Dan23 wrote:

jmac wrote:
Added some more details. Is this what you were referring to Dan?

Yeah mate, that's it. good work on being the one and only.

Well, there were two little ones caught by my brother and Do$tylz in cast nets that didn't get their picture taken:silly:. But no where near as big as that one:)

Archived