Long time between drinks for the Bremer

ellicat

Hi guys,

Just curious about 1 thing. Brisbane areas seem to only be serviced by 3 dams, Wivenhoe, Somerset and North Pine. What about those dams and lakes like Awoonga, Atkinsons, Hinze, Cressbrook, Kurwongbah etc ? Aren't they all linked somehow? And wouldn't the average water levels be higher if they were all combined? Do enlighten me.

seq water are planing to reopen another 3 smaller dams aroound brisbane for times of big drought. Appartenly there are a couple up behind enoggera army base and kurwongbah.

They have started or are ready to release water from sommerset into wivanhoe. This came from a neighbour that works for them.

They will also have mobile de sal plants in the mouth of the Brisbane river if times get really desperate.

Richard.

viperon1982 wrote:

Hi guys,

Just curious about 1 thing. Brisbane areas seem to only be serviced by 3 dams, Wivenhoe, Somerset and North Pine. What about those dams and lakes like Awoonga, Atkinsons, Hinze, Cressbrook, Kurwongbah etc ? Aren't they all linked somehow? And wouldn't the average water levels be higher if they were all combined? Do enlighten me.

They are building a water pipeline that will do just that:)

Hinze is for the Gold Coast mainly, and others are only very small and service the local population for irrigation. Awoonga's huge though, but I think it is too far away from Brissie to really help us.

Cowfish13 wrote:

viperon1982 wrote:
Hi guys,

They are building a water pipeline that will do just that:)

Hinze is for the Gold Coast mainly, and others are only very small and service the local population for irrigation. Awoonga's huge though, but I think it is too far away from Brissie to really help us.

Hinze is loosing 6.5 thousand olympic sized swimming pools every day due to overflow over the wall, would look great in Wivenhoe!, Sooner that pipes finished the better.

Archived