lost for words 6/2/08

Master Sardines

my bad report for the day

Started out from Russell Is. ramp about 7am (late start.. Wife and little one with me) headed straight for coochie around the rocks west side of the island. Caught a couple undersized parrot (tusk) Then went to the banana banks and caught a couple small squire. Was starting to get a bit bumpy by now at about 10am but still persisting after a decent fish today. After the banana banks we went to a small rubble patch not far from there. I had a half pilly on a 6/0 no weight with a 20lb trace, not much run in the water. Hadn’t been touched for a little while so better check it, and bugger me… Nothing left. Clean cut through, so re rigged again and same thing. On the next cast I got what was giving me a hard time. Sharks of about a metre long. Time to move on again this time to potts point for some more small squire with the northerly breeze still giving us a hard time. So now were at a loss, so we headed to a spot the missus likes as we caught some decent squire there before, tis on the western side of Macleay Is. With nothing taking our bait or Sp’s there we decided to head for Cobby Is. Where she got them Tarwhine last time. Hmmm caught a few bream,catty and a stingray… great. So off again to the pin. Went to a few banks with bream still on the chew so headed to the bar just outside of swan bay. Again all we caught was bream. So we were watching the storms hitting the southside of brissy and decided to call it quits for the day before we got wet bums. Total keepers for the day were two nice whiting mid 30’s. What an effort for two fish and a 3:30 finish.

So heres a mark for a few of you sharko’s if your interested. Does produce squire too but not today. It’s between Macleay and Peel S 27o 32.664 E153o 20.871

Cheers Stevo the not so fisho

Master Sardines wrote:

i'm sure you'll let us know if you get onto a few. Take a bit of heavy trace with you too. Might need it. Good luck!

Yeah Andrew, with the rain my work has come to a halt, so what better way to wait for the ground to dry up. hehe;)

Laughing at Kriso :laugh:

oopps this was suppose to be an edit :blush:

Master Sardines wrote:

Master Sardines wrote:
i'm sure you'll let us know if you get onto a few. Take a bit of heavy trace with you too. Might need it. Good luck!

Yeah Andrew, with the rain my work has come to a halt, so what better way to wait for the ground to dry up. hehe;)

Laughing at Kriso :laugh:

oopps this was suppose to be an edit :blush:

not only did i have to go to the course, there was a trip to diffrent mega retailers to examine the "merchandising" setups, these stores where anaconda at logan, wow sight and sound, Team moto honda and pharmacy warehouse! guess which one i got sent too! :angry:

Feral wrote:

I was to polite to ask that!

So Kriso did you learn how to flog Tony Furgesons' weight loss plan to horizontally enhanced women? Dunno how that is going to help flog John Deere's though!

I'm sure there is an obscure correlation between the two Feral:P :laugh:

MS, Thanks for that mark. Got some mackeral near there late last season on floated pillies:)

Archived