Brisbane Fishing Online Lake Kurwongbah Tilapia Cull

John

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ski club which has been on Lake Kurwongbah for 50 odd years, are aware of what is trying to be achieved and without being asked have offered to stop access to areas close to public fishing area in an attempt to not disturb the fishing effort on the day. Which is a good gesture on their behalf.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the last cull and I'd like to make one suggesstion. Kids get BORED in about 10mins. If there are kids activities to break up the day you will have mum's and dad's hanging around longer.

My $0.02

Norm.

P.S. Sorry can't make this one though, good luck

There is enough bank left dry for a few games (the only grass at Kurwongbah is in the lake bed, the park area is pretty much only rotten rock!) But I suspect a lot of people will walk left around the first point looking for deeper water. Although it is quite deep at the park know.

I was a little sneaky, I kept a few container of barra pellets from the other day, I'll be going down and salting the area in front of the park for you friday evening with them. hopefully it will help!

benno573 wrote:

could be a good training session for the potential cricket team??? :laugh:

just been looking at the map, where exactly are we meeting? never been to the place before so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Likewise....I went past it once I think. But no idea of where/how many access points or where the meeting place is, so some guidance from you regulars would be appreciated:) .

ellicat wrote:

All good then. Thanks for that.

Any word on where to access the meeting place ?

Shayne was offered by the ski club their spot there that is normally not accessible to others. I'm just not sure if the cull is going to be held there. Let's ask Angus?

Ellicat, your avatar is a bit scary. :lol:

The parks name is Mick Hanfling Park, it is located on Beeville Rd Kurwongbah/Petrie. Access to park is easier from Petrie side. There will be plenty of space to park as we will open up the additional carpark area. We normally use african night crawlers for bait, the boys from Bribie used shrimp for great success about 8 weeks ago. Tne Tackle shop at Carseldine carries the worms if your local doesn't. Number 6 hooks seem to be the right size.

Ski club access is not available but they will stay well away from this side of the Lake to assist out. They have shut down the slalom run on the next arm for the day for this reason.

Pine Water asked we remind you that the pumping tower is off limits, no matter how attractive the walk way looks!!!! As we are still building a relationship withthis body, being mindful of their requirements would very much appreciated.

Because the relationship is continuing to improve they've given Angus an extra privledge for the day to try and help us be successful on the day.

shayned wrote:

The parks name is Mick Hanfling Park, it is located on Beeville Rd Kurwongbah/Petrie. Access to park is easier from Petrie side. There will be plenty of space to park as we will open up the additional carpark area. We normally use african night crawlers for bait, the boys from Bribie used shrimp for great success about 8 weeks ago. Tne Tackle shop at Carseldine carries the worms if your local doesn't. Number 6 hooks seem to be the right size.

Ski club access is not available but they will stay well away from this side of the Lake to assist out. They have shut down the slalom run on the next arm for the day for this reason.

Pine Water asked we remind you that the pumping tower is off limits, no matter how attractive the walk way looks!!!! As we are still building a relationship withthis body, being mindful of their requirements would very much appreciated.

Because the relationship is continuing to improve they've given Angus an extra privledge for the day to try and help us be successful on the day.

Makes me wonder, Shayne whereabouts we can fish on the 9th. Is it just along the park or can we roam around a bit provided we don't reach the pumping area (and other private properties in the area)?

Mate there is some good deep water all way up to and around spill way. Just use a little commonsense and we'll be ok. There will be a few prfma guys on hand to help on the day. We need to keep an eye out for the remote control yachts who are also operating that day in front of the ski club.

Hey guys. As Shayne suggested we have been granted a spcial consession. We are aollowed a yak on the dam for the day with a sounder.

Purpose?

To sound out the drop offs, deeper water and hopefully schools of fish.

Ill be discussing the best way to execute this with Alex from Viking Kayaks.

Cheers

Angus

Archived