Burpengary Bait and Tackle

bigtez

After reading the article on this place in QFM I thought I would take a look this morning on my RDO. Its been a long time since there was a small independent tackle shop close enough to warrant going there instead of the mart or bcf. I was pleasently surprised to find a good range of the soft plastics and lures I use at cheaper prices then the big guys. I was a little disappointed to see they don't stock shimano or daiwa stuff, however they did have quite a few pflueger and shakespeare reels. I will definately be going back there in the future for all my terminal tackle, I may have to go elsewhere for new rods and reels though.

Terry

Address is corner of Uhlman and Buckley rds Burpengary. Coming from the south, take the Uhlman rd exit and cross the highway, then the tackle shop is in the shopping complex a few hundred metres past the highway.

I don't think they have a website.

Terry

Just happens I know the owners and Manager Wayne all very nice people, when I talk to them next I will ask them to let me know when they have things happening, that way I can post it up for you guys. They are not stocking large amounts of high end stuff at this stage, but I guess that will probably change in due course, mind you they do have some excellent gear and at prices comparable to everyone else. They open around 5 or 6 to cater for the early fisho's getting some bait on the way through.

Wayne has managed to buy in some rippa lures, so if anyone needs advice on what will work and what won't, then slip on in and have a chat to a guy who knows. If they don't have what you are looking for, i'm sure they will get it in for you.

Hope this helps

Warmest Regards

Al

Ray, That seminar wasn't on barra it covered estuary lure fishing.

Most seminars tend to see speakers talking for about 45 minutes. Schultzy was on the mike for 2 1/2 hours on Thursday night. He covered different lure types and tips for most of the local species as well as info on barra too. The photos were what you would expect from Schultzy and just kept on coming. I like his style. He chats to the crowd as though he was talking to an old fishing mate but the conversation is sprinkled with little hints and tips. He gave a talk on how to release fish in good nick as well. I work with Schultzy and was still hanging on every word and saw heaps of photos I'd never seen before. I really enjoyed the history pics of a young Schultzy. If they put on another seminar with Schultzy as the speaker you should go. It was without doubt the best fishing info session I've ever seen.

Man I hope Schultzy doesnt read this.

Archived