Brissy river, 21.03

Ash

Was waiting to get photos off my phone first, but im bored so ill write my report now, bit late i know!

Myself and ausboy took the boat out to a little creek mouth near the gateway friday night, hoping for some bream and cod. Got out there about 530 for the run in tide and started to throw some lures around the entrance. It wasnt too long before we were onto our first fish, a nice little bream at 28cm, i got him on a Strikeking bleeding crank bait, tnnesse "something". After that things went quiet for a while, Ausboy caught 1 more undersized bream then nothing again. As the sun went down i threw the new strike king popper gave that ago. Had few hits and follows but the little buggers didnt get on.

By this stage ausboy had put the lures away and started to used some mullet strip, with almost instant success. His first 2 bream came in at 29 and 31 cm. After seeing this, and my lures not getting any more attention i swapped to the mullet too.:blush:

Things really livened up and we were being smashed by bream everywhere. Most were over 30cm with a few under sized getting into the action. With all the bream alive and feedin i went back to lures, using the strikeking bitzy minnow. That went well with another 3 bream 30+ taking them hard.

Hoping for a cod i swapped back to the crank bait and after a few cast i got king hit and found myself bringing in a loose line with no lure on the end:angry:

Never mind, back to bait and few more bream. Between us we probably got about 20 legal bream, with ausboy getting in the biggest at 39cm. Well done ausboy!

Big apology ausboy, as i lost his possible PB flattie. George had just starting to float some mullet when he got hit hard and after a good tussle had the fish near boat. I couldnt see what it was after fishing near the boat light for a while all i could see was this fat looking head, it wsnt till i grabbed his line to bring it in when i realised my mistake. Just as i let go of the line what is estimated to be a 60cm+ flattie shook its head and snapped the light trace off.:blush: :blush:

Stupid stupid.

Photos will come, my camera has packed it in so there on phone.

Ha true Kriso it certainly has done me well, Bream, squire (baby) and shark boat!:laugh:

I just need to find the usb cable for the phone so i can transfer to pics. They're pretty bad, the phone doesnt take phots well at night, but you'll get the Gist of them.

Archived