bundaberg fishing advice

faulked

Elliot River mouth you can catch Queenies and up the river Barra,Jacks and Flathead.Sounds like I know what I,m on about but of this info is via my brother who lives at Bagara.

I have with him also got nice Snapper Macks Cod Squid.

I think it's the Burnet River were we get Cod along the rock wall.Mate u will love it.I'll ask my bro if he wouldn't mind you dropping in to his work in Bundy I'm sure he be happy to share some spots with you

Head down to the mouth of the Burnett River just 15km east of Bundy at Burnett Heads. This is a much safer entry to the open water than the smaller & shallower Elliot River.

Around the mouth of the river and along the beaches just south of the river we have had good session on longtails, school mackerel, longtails, mac' tuna, longtails, trevally and longtails.

It is a great fishery accessible with a fairly small boat if the weather is half reasonable.

Last trip there we were spinning up 15kg longtails within a couple hundred metres of the rock walls at the river mouth.

If you give Salty's tackle shop a ring they should be able to put you onto the best charters.

Archived