My big trip

Jordan

Jordan wrote:

i heard the jetty is incredibly packed, resembling something like shorncliff or something so i thought id be better off taking my livebait out in the kayak a few hundred metres? am i likeley to see a shark? jeff the way you described woodgate beach it sounds like thats better than the pier?

Na mate not "a" shark in site.

Plenty of sharks plural though :P

Good luck Jordan looking forward to this report.

Charge your camera!

Angus

if/wen u get ther

if its like in teh arv

usually best like an hour b4 sunset

just walk 2 the end of the pier adn u can jig HEAPSS of bait

tons of herring

and hardiheads

and if u get any sardines they are unbelievable as bait

so yeh

and mayb at night go for a bit of a squid in the lights??

never really got a chance while i was up there

WOOHOO!! sorry to drag this thread on guys, but this is my 'farewell wish me luck' post :woohoo: . ive gotten a huuuge number of new lures (scattered all over the office to my collegues disgussed:lol: ) new gear heaps of food and have found a camp spot at the point vernon look out ( heard from a few sources i was more then likeley to get robbed at urangan:ohmy: )

i will be taking a video camera and will hopefully be able to bum someones power for a little while if it runs out while im there.

im unfortunatley going by myself, as there is a very small number of people i know who also have a kayak and are as mad as i am to be chasing fish in the open bay. will there be anyone else from here heading to any part of the bay for some pelagics?

the wether so far is predicted to be 10/15 knots for the weekend :woohoo:. hopefully if it holds up like that ill have some fantastic footage when i get back.

Hope you all have a fun and safe long weekend!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

Archived