Shark in canal

Englander

In our local paper/ front page (Island News, Bribie) a bloke who lives opposite me reckons he saw a 2m bull shark? whist sat on his pontoon, bearing in mind this is a 'locked/gated canal for bongaree.

question 1, is it possible for a shark to get in?

Question 2 could it hide, (somewhat akin to the lochness monster)

Question 3 what bait should I use to catch it.

Cheers Peter

Its possible.

There are apparantly sharks that size in the land locked canals & lakes

at the gold coast.

Sure it could hide. Its pretty big in there really isnt it? And murky enough.

Bait: What would it be eating in there? Mullet and eels i reckon.

Angus

Yeah - best to target from shore, but get your bait out a long way. Just stick the mullet between your teeth and swim it out with your dog for company. If you swim like Eric Moussambani - all the better. Do it around dusk or dawn. This should at a minimum attract it to your area:woohoo: :silly: :silly:

(Just jokes of course):P

Quite possible, there was a repots in the paper about sharks in the Lakes of Lagandale or Carbrooke Golf Course. They got there when the Logan River broke its banks. The water is only slightly salty but there is an endless supply of mullet to fatten them up. There is also an endless supply of golf balls as noone will dive for them

TerryH wrote:

Actually... Ellicat according to Wikipedia

Eric Moussambani's personal best is now under 57 seconds:P That was back in 2004 when he was training for the athens olympics.

Good on him. :)

The comment at the end of this video says it all - true for me anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zjCc_VyxM4&feature=related

:laugh: :laugh:

If you feel like a giggle have a listen to the french commentary

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i've heard that story about the golf course before. and i wouldn't necessarily take ellicat's advice on this one - there is a reason he only has one leg left... :laugh:

use a balloon like a sail to float the bait out, anything big-ish and smells like fish will do the job. soak the bait in tuna oil or some sort of blood for extra effect. landing a 2m shark off a yak would be a really tall order, they have some serious pulling power. good luck to ya though if you try!!!

Archived