Fishing locations at Noosa Heads

Dimo

Only been up there a few times, but anywhere is fairly good. Woods bay is meant to be pretty gun for trevally and the odd jack. Anywhere along the river you should be able to catch bream and flattys and the odd trevally landbased, if you explore abit im sure you will find a great spot. Dont forget to give the poppers a go ;).

yeah Mate Id head down to the end of hastings street to woods bay, good swimming for the kids and some awesome spots to fish can walk the whole of woods bay around to the mouth. id recommend larger 4-5" plastics, large 60-70mm poppers worked quickly and metals around 10-25 grams. there are loads of trevally,queenies,tailor and large flathead in the area.

Lee

Angus wrote:

IMO most of the Noosa river is great.

One of my favourite spots easily.

Angus

P.S. Have a look through the North Coast reports there are a few Noosa river ones.

Iv picked up a few jacks around the pylons of that old walk bridge in weyba creek.Its all good up ther.

Went fishing but didnt go to Woods bay or the National Park since my brother inlaw couldnt be bothered:( . Fished around noosavile Just near the unit. Damn I got nothing tried nearly all my lures and a *h** load of plastics and got nowhere.:( Think I might have to hit the location with a group of AFO members who know the area.

Archived