Wheel Bearing BBQ!

bootyinblue

Does anyone else need to redo the wheel bearings on their trailer, but just does not have the motivation to do it? Cause I know I do....

What about a bit of a trailer maintenance day, with fish and BBQ afterwards (or the other way around)

Dump all the boats off the trailer, lift them on milkcrates to do the bearings and then party on afterwards.

haha i can see it already.most peopel with rooted bearings wont make it to the location from bearing failure along the way...

but i think its a good idea.even to teach the less informed how to do it if there is ever an emergency

You'd need a quiet boat ramp with lots of beach space and car park space, I know Schultz Canal would be good on anything but a high tide, You have a 4lane ramp with a massive car park (I have seen it full on Public Holidays and really good days though) And it also has a good beach stretch to leave the boats on.

bootyinblue wrote:

Does anyone else need to redo the wheel bearings on their trailer, but just does not have the motivation to do it? Cause I know I do....

What about a bit of a trailer maintenance day, with fish and BBQ afterwards (or the other way around)

Dump all the boats off the trailer, lift them on milkcrates to do the bearings and then party on afterwards.

could have a group bearing mate installation less maintance work then

Why would you need to take the boat off the trailer just to change the trailer wheel bearings?

I leave mine till the very last minute.

When i take my boat to fuel up the night before a fishing trip and hear the 'tweet tweet' noise.

Then i flog into them as soon as i get home.

I had to do it Friday night.

It was the only bearing i hadn't got to lucky enough.

So i knew which one it was.

Did it in the dark to.

Isn't it funny, when you have no choice to do something so annoying, you somehow find motivation.

Nastymind wrote:

Why would you need to take the boat off the trailer just to change the trailer wheel bearings?

I leave mine till the very last minute.

When i take my boat to fuel up the night before a fishing trip and hear the 'tweet tweet' noise.

Then i flog into them as soon as i get home.

I had to do it Friday night.

It was the only bearing i hadn't got to lucky enough.

So i knew which one it was.

Did it in the dark to.

Isn't it funny, when you have no choice to do something so annoying, you somehow find motivation.

I do both sides at the same time

bootyinblue wrote:

kriso wrote:
well i dont have a boat trailer any more but glad to come down and give a hand to any newbies to this sorta thing if i aint working

Your already booked to do mine Kriso!

Booty dont you want them done properly.

:P :P

shortie wrote:

bootyinblue wrote:
kriso wrote:
well i dont have a boat trailer any more but glad to come down and give a hand to any newbies to this sorta thing if i aint working

Your already booked to do mine Kriso!

Booty dont you want them done properly.

:P :P

i got one person voluntered for greased car door handles anyone else:laugh: :laugh:

Dont need to pull boat off, just a set of axle stands for safety.

Main issue doing it somewhere public is what to do with the solvent. Local councils sort of frown on it going down the storm water drain!

I suppose you could always just use a gazillion rags to wipe the old grease off everything, but I prefer things clean!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived