Best Brisbane River Session Ever

Dan23

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

cheers stinger. that threadie in ur avator's massive. hopefully i'll get one that size next time.

for those who have experience in thready fishing, how much 15lb line do i need to land a meter+ threadie landbased with strong current?

strong current ay - i may have to look for a new spot x now hhahhah jks kev.

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

thanks namyau for all the tips of fighting fish. i managed both fish that i've got a chance to land but well the meter+ ones r too strong for my UL set up to handle

kev i have landed 2 meter plus threadies on 2k pretest monno

what you doing wrong?

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

cheers stinger. that threadie in ur avator's massive. hopefully i'll get one that size next time.

for those who have experience in thready fishing, how much 15lb line do i need to land a meter+ threadie landbased with strong current?

not much, give or take were your fish, there deffently not going to spool you

well I dare say you don't need 15lb to catch threaddies, but it depends on the location i guess, if there is not much snags or structure there's no need for 15lb. Theres this guy I've seen catch threaddies regularly on just 6lb mono and I've seen the entire fight from start to finish, it just takes a lot longer and some patience to tire the fish out, but he's targetting threaddies and likes the fight so he's had lots of practice.

jacko1987 wrote:

no threadfin will take a 125yd of 2lb crystal. they pull and have some pace but not enough to take 125yds.

are you sure??? ive caught a few threaddies in the past year and using a daiwa revros 2004(shallow spool that just about fits 1 full spool of 4lb fireline) i have nearly been spooled several times. it doesnt happen all the time but it can deff happen

• 2 weeks later...

Archived