Yaking in the Schultz canal

merrick

Hey after work today i got the chance to check out the schultz.

I must say it looks pretty good!

Was thinking of pulling out the yak and going for a flick one of these days. Anyone interesting in joining me?

The worst part is that I am woefully unfit so i won't be carrying it anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas as to where to launch from? :)

Cheers.

Its good there mate.

We had a good size number of AFO guys yak it once and got plenty of fat bream and loads of flatties.

There were also a few randoms caught like whiting (on lures) and moses perch.

Its a good fishery and not to diffcult to suss out.

Good luck!!

Angus

I usually launch at the boat ramp, head straight across to the mangroves and troll an sx40 upstream on the last of the out going tide. Go as slow as you can while keeping a "twitch" on the rod, the slower the better. Plenty of bream there

Once you get up to the first corner upstream, swing across to the boat ramp side, there are not too many mangroves here, but plenty of Flatheads to get with a trolled lure.

Hope that helps, I also stop and flick 3 inch mullet SP's by berkely in the fluro green with a white tail 1 hour either side of high tide. I try to cast against the mangrove (within a foot) and let is rest, a couple of little twitches back towards you and you should get some bream. The main thing is to get close to the edge of the water under some cover. Up near the pontoon for the new bridge on the boat ramp side has plenty of undercover sections with plenty of fish, remember the aeroguard!

Archived