Kings Beach Coloundra

MentallyUnsound

Ok, I'm getting married on the 12th of July and my honeymoon will be at a hotel right on Kings Beach, I mean walk out the front door onto the sand.

Now, I've never fished there, told the 'wifey-2b' that fishing will take place. Now she is ok with this :woohoo: I would love to take the kayak :evil: but not sure as yet.She would like to go out on a charter boat, anybody know of a good charter boat company in the area?

Or any other spots that I should have a look at fishing?

Also if i can sneak the kayak in my bag, is it worth taking?

Any and all help appreciated.

kayak for sure. brays rock and the shipping channels out from kings beach hold good fish and are easliy within yak distance. brays is awesome, a good mix of pelagic and bottom action. there are heaps of places land based up there worth a go, up the passage a bit along golden beach is pretty good for flatties and whiting, occasional tailor off the rocks out from kings beach, good chance you'll get wet though!

a bit concerned though... a honeymoon and you're thinking of fishing?:blink:

i fished every day of my honey moon theats where my daughter caught her first fish all on her own

the passage would be awsome yak country mean ass tide running through it theres some canals up the road to and a boat hire

dont know any charters though

when i was a kid i used to work for les, the guy who catches the tonnes and tonnes of mullet that pass that beach this time of the year. if the mullet are running u will see them put out their nets and pull them in with tractors for the female mullet with all the roe in them. its then shipped over to japan. its an incredible thing to watch and will be a real treat if they do it while you are there. pretty sure they do it from june till august.

I'd say i'll have to travel for a charter as mentioned, as Bec would also like to do parasailing.

I have also looked at the hire boat people, but Bec isn't up for a little tinny. In her words, if i have to fish, i want to fish in some sort of comfort.:blink:

Jordan, thatw ould be a great site to see

Archived