Whiting in the river ?

ellicat

Ellicat last time i fished Kooka park believe it or not we caught heaps in the cast net. Just little ones but I wonder if there are bigger ones up there. They would be missed by most fishermen fishing either bigger lures or large baits.

We also caught one one night at the Kangaroo Point cliffs which was cool.

Angus

the old man and i were out 2 weeks ago - drifting from the rock wall inside the mouth near the patrick warf's on outgoing tide, and every bait got a whiting, just under legal, all thrown back. was just amazing as we go out almost every weekend and have never caught whiting inside the mouth before. we think it was the drifting. all on frozen prawns. flounder are also abound in that area when drifting as a few of you may know.

we got a little excited about it all and actually drifted into the shipping channel and a container ship almost totalled us. so keep ur eyes open.

• 3 weeks later...

Something like that kriso. Well I was 2 weeks ago when I put the post up lol.

They're a great live bait. Used one during the Classic last year. It was still kicking strongly after 2 days.....hmmm so maybe not such a good bait:blink: :P but they handle a couple of piercings and being tied up well:laugh:

Had a go at Nudgee Beach last weekend and landed about 10. Kept the two biggest, 23 & 24 cm, (the only legal ones). Most averaged about 15 - 23cm, great fun though. To get there park at the jetty near the leash free area and walk to the beach near the mouth. Biting on prawns.

Best of luck

Vonny

Archived