Wello Point - Sat morning 7th of June

batman

Hi All

Been awhile since I hve been for a yak so I am heading for a early morning yak launching from Wellopoint.

Going to hit the reefs and hopefully get a Tailer, Squire or Tailor.

Aeveryone welcome....tide High at 12:30 arvo...so it gentlemans launch.

Batty

Where is Harries mate..sory don't know the area to well?

I was chatting to the chaps from Tackle Warehouse yesterday and they reckon launch at Wello out to the island hook a right out to the last channel marker.

But I would be keen for some company so please let me know what the plan is and what you want to target?

Cheers

Batty

yeah all of that... bugger doing it in a yak. 15km round trip i would say. :blink: i think straddiebrad is going in his boat, not a yak. the drop off along the front of wello from hybers (the big red marker) mark up towards cleveland fishes quite well. as batty said, end of the channel out of wello, turn right, follow it down. you should be able to see coral/rubble along the bottom in the shallower water, then paddle out over the drop off and you'll be in the right place. hope this helps a bit.

actually scrap that, wasn't really worth a report. Met Batman who's a top bloke, although I didn't spend much time with him as he had an anchor and I didn't.

just caught grinners, rat squire, and a small bream. Also caught this fellow, not sure exactly what he is, fought like a rock, I honestly thought I was bringing up a piece of coral or weed or something.

DSC03832.JPG

I second that!

You know your desperate for a fish when you get out of bed at 4:30am to go and sit in a yak in the pelting rain when you have the flu!!!!! :lol: Not very smart as I am writing this with the worst man flu I have ever had! :angry:

Paul now holds the record for the quickist catch in the history of fishing!! Holy teledo we must have been in 20cm of water just launching when he hooks a rat squire....was pissing myself! Apologise Paul I was feeling like crap and thank goodness for my anchor cause I was in no shape to do much paddling..so sorry for being anti-social. :blush:

I wasn't in the mood for flicking soft plasics so just stuck with the pilchards and squid and actualy hooked two decent bream, the second one was just on legal....I tossed out two ganged hooks with half a pillie on...forgot the sinker, also it was on my baitrunner 3500 with the drag turned down..next minute the drag is going nuts and I am thinking wahooo I am onto something big...he really was going for it! Got him to the boat and a 20cm bream had chomped on half a pillie! cheeky little bugger!

On the way back I hook 3 rat squire on a sx40 and I lost a brand new sx60 on the reef...so pissed about that cause they aint cheap!!!

Got home washed everything and got straight into bed..dosed myself up and my missus is sick of me whinging.....I know you guys will be sympathetic..mwwwaaaahahha! :lol:

Just a sick mans whinge but I am sick of catching small fish.......no more rat squire or Bream....I want some big mother fish..might have to get onto a charter soon.

Batty

batman wrote:

I second that!

00FF]Holy teledo we must have been in 20cm of water just launching when he hooks a rat squire....was pissing myself!

Batty

Are you Batman or actually Robin! :dry: Holy Robin dressed up as Batman! :laugh:

Paul

I felt so bad cause the 3rd rat I caught I only realised I had got it when I was going to pack my rod away pulled the line in and what the!!!!? there is a rat on the end of my line.....I had dragged the little fella at least a few hundred meters.

He looked pretty miffed!

username_taken wrote:

Mack_attack wrote:
ah well atleast you got a few even though they weren't big.

Catching squire on hardbodies is pretty cool though.

not when the squire is barely bigger than the sx40 you catch it on :D

Archived