Heavy inshore fishing combo wanted

kevinchen19870316

What do you want to catch big fella? What size fish are we talking about? 20-30-40-50kg+

I got some great advice from Bill Watson up at Noosa...when he is targeting the big 20kg+ spanish mac's or big GT's he pointed me towards the Shimano Baitrunner 4500 (I went the 3500) with a 7' Taipan rod. If you have seen the pics of Bills fish he catches thi cheap, reliable rig seems to do the job very nicley for a spinning combo.

Depends if you want to skull drag the fish or be a Samori and have a fair fight!

My newbie 2 cents

Batty

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

i just post to see if anyone's got things for sell not after advise on gear. if i'm serious, i'd get a saltiga Dogfight with fisherman jigging rod. but at this stage, any heavy stuff will be good.

no ones trying to tell you what you need they want to know what you want :blink::huh: you dont walk into a tackle shop and say i want to fish sell me a rod and expect them to guess what your after.

i agree malcom... an alvey loaded with whatever line you want will stand any pressure and can skull drag a bewdy if that's what you are after. no drag system but for skull dragging who cares? good for casting long distances too as long as you fill the reel with line.

Archived