Burpengary creek 22 6 08

Feral

Well took Alex and Calum down to Burpengary creek today just to get some time on the water, and try out Alex's boat with the 35 Kotta I got from Hervey Bay.

I also had a couple of battery boxes I had made for the spare batteries I have lying around. The idea being that the box goes over the moulded seat, and ties down. So the boat can be counter balanced when there is just one person in it.

It all went very well. Balance with the two big Trojans was nearly perfect, even when Calum hoped in and sat in the centre.

Boat Ramp - creek is only about 20 foot wide at the ramp.

R0010909.jpg

All aboard.

R0010927.jpg

Anyway here is Alex, first tentative cruise.

R0010918.jpg

Alex giving it full throttle. Unfortunately for me, Alex with the 35 kotta with the high speed prop had nearly double my speed on electric!

R0010915.jpg

Cruised down to where we usually get a few bream, a cut through between loops of the creek.

R0010939.jpg

Nothing substantial, a few very small bream and whiting, and what I think was a grunter bream (all stripes, no yellow fins).

R0010934.jpg

R0010930.jpg

R0010925.jpg

Closer look at that "grunter Bream"

R0010937.jpg

For the trip home, I thought I would even things up a bit and put Calum in with Alex, then race him home.

Start of race

R0010958.jpg

30 seconds later

R0010956.jpg

Hmmm, still got lots more go than me! Time to buy that second 55 I think!

Almost forgot, the benefit of electrics

R0010917.jpg

The noisy shiela paddling the yak scared him away with all that splashing!

Good on the young fella for giving the old man a race :laugh: Looks like he had a ball with the new motor!B)

PS - I think you said your a Firefox man before Feral. I'm giving FF3 a crack at the moment. Smoking fast over IE7, but IE has never been rather speedy:lol:

Yeah, I'm getting used to the new Fire Fox as well. A Lot of my extensions got broke, so finding new ones, nearly got everything back to the way I like it.

Alex is very impressed with the motor, so am I. Might have to move that high speed prop to my motor though!

How good is it to see the 2 boys scooting away from the old man in their boat! Will be telling all the kids at school on monday about.

Feral - Whats doing with the hat there champ? Local adult shop having a closing down sale, it looks like something I saw a stripper wearing one night.... whoops did I say that!

bootyinblue wrote:

Feral - Whats doing with the hat there champ? Local adult shop having a closing down sale, it looks like something I saw a stripper wearing one night.... whoops did I say that!

In the line of duty of course:ohmy: :unsure: :silly:

Smiles all round! looks like a good day.

Rocket

Feral wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting used to the new Fire Fox as well. A Lot of my extensions got broke, so finding new ones, nearly got everything back to the way I like it.

Alex is very impressed with the motor, so am I. Might have to move that high speed prop to my motor though!

Nah just add some more ballast to the lad's boat:P

Haha! paddles scare the birds away... Ah yes..

Wait, I wont use this as a positive for the ol' hobies:P

Lol

Nice trip there feral. Is taht the boat from the BRC? Looks pretty nice, and the speed - justhow it should be! :P

Pitty about no monsters, although Alex dosen't seem to mind

Booty: LOL. Must have been after watching those DVDs?? :P

Its at O'Leary Avenue.

As I said go slow the first k or two until you get out from the overhead mangroves, watch out for the fallen over mangroves in the water as well. If you just poke along - no hassles. The locals who know the snags go through there at full noise.

PS if you have a windscreen or centre console, you'll find it tight.

Archived