Going to Fiji

JackBarrett13

My Mate is taking me to Fiji tomorrow. And we are going to Castaway ilsand. I was wondering if anyone has ever been there before and if the fishing was good. Also if u have been to any island in Fiji what island and what was the fishing like. Also what gear should we take and what is the best way to catch the fish over there. Lures, Plastics or Bait.

Thank you. :D

ahhh mmm fiji - if its anything like most of the pacific, big poppers for even bigger Giant Trevally (search on youtube for GT poppering) and a whole lotta pelagics feeding on anything u can throw at them. i'd personally go packed with nice shiny metal lures and poppers and anything from 10KG line up mmm - any space for a few more people? :D

planetfonz wrote:

ahhh mmm fiji - if its anything like most of the pacific, big poppers for even bigger Giant Trevally (search on youtube for GT poppering) and a whole lotta pelagics feeding on anything u can throw at them. i'd personally go packed with nice shiny metal lures and poppers and anything from 10KG line up mmm - any space for a few more people? :D

10kg for GT's??? you wouldn't last a second on some of them at that! go up to 24kg+ tackle and then have a go, you'll still get busted up to the max by some of the big boys. i would say reef fishing - saw it on rex hunt once - they were trolling and poppering, also bait fishing in the deeper sections, went alright too. would have to say floating plastics in around the reefs would have to attract some interest. best of luck mate, have a good trip!

My dad goes over to Fiji often and he has told some prity amazing stories of fishing over there. I have been there twice and it is a great spot for fishing. You should really take heavy gear some of the GT's I saw over there were massive. Also take all the poppers you have it is the best way to fish for them you will also get coral trout on them. Anyway have fun and I wish I was coming with Fiji is a great place.

Archived