Raby Bay

Aaron H

After a long boring rainy afternoon (Not complaining great to see rain) decided to head down to Raby Bay just to test out the new baitrunner reel I got off ebay. After about five minutes the reel screamed off and after quite an impressive fight pulled up a nice fork tail catfish. Meanwhile after buggerising around trying to get it off the hook the other rod screamed off and after another great fight was very surprised to see a nice snapper. First one I have caught down there as I normally get Tailor of the rocks there. So quite a nice addition to the esky. After that the crabs moved in so decided to call the quits.

DSCF0076.JPG

Post edited by: Aaron H, at: 2006/11/04 20:37

when im down at my boat moored at raby bay i always see these huge bream under the marina pontoons, and always tell myself i should throw a line in. after seeing those fish i think i might next time ;)

im guessing you're fishing the mouth of Endeavour Canal of Raby Bay as it goes into Moreton Bay to get snapper and tailor?

cool, i usually see a few people fishing from the rocks or park into the channel there when we take the boat out from our berth in the Raby Bay Marina, now i know what they might be catching.

sometimes i even see some super keen people fishing into the channel, out waist deep in water on the Ormiston side of Endeavour Canal, offshore like 100m on the shallow edge of the canal.

also, the Ormiston side canal is called Endeavour Canal and the Cleveland Point side canal is called Ross Canal :P

Post edited by: Johnny, at: 2006/11/05 07:46

Archived