Raby bay today.

pinkey

G'day.

Callum and i got up at 6am today to catch the train into raby bay. After a good long almost 2 hour train ride we were at our destination. Was sorta quite but fairly fun day in the end.. The highlights were.. Seeing some bait getting absolutly destroyed, by a very large fish atleast 60cm+.. We couldnt make out what it was, it almost looked like a milkfish but that cant be right.. so were thinking most likly a big greenback tailor or possibly a gaint herring.. Snuck into a marinia, and before we got kicked out i managed to land my pb lure caught bream :) still small tho :dry:. at 27.5cm to the fork on a sparle grey Koebi Chan on a 1/16 jighead from fairly deep under the marina pathway, and callum managed a rat bream at 18cmfl on a squidge wriggler, and somthing else happend that left me week at the knees and took my breath away. I was jigging my chan up and when that same what i could only describe as a milkfish again... about 60cm+ came up and swiped at my plastic twice and shyed off.. WHAT THA, WOAH.. i know theres like one and a million chance it was a milkfish though, so im thinking maybe big greenback and my eyes were decieving me... but i would of thought a tailor would just smash the lure, or a big finniky GT that lookd strange from the top view?.. or even a gaint herring.. i duno.. i just wish i hooked it ! even though i deffenently would of got destroyed on 3lb straight flurocarbon in all the boats, even if there was no structure i probs would of been spooled lol, we got kicked out after that... Anyway moving on from that. We tried a few canals which produced a 21.5fl so like 23tip bream for callum on a 3inch powerbait minnow, and a dropped fish or 2, then we got kicked out of that canal by 2 angry residents. We then went to the mouth for nothing.. but after that we had a extremly fun session off some little jetty thing in one of the canals. In about 15 minutes we landed 14 moses perch, 7 each.. They were going nuts and were all around 23 - 25cm.. matter of flick, jig jig.. hit.. on

After that we explored around a little for nothing, had a few small Gt's attack our lures but no such luck, then went to the seafood shop there and settled our tummys and took the long train ride home :). Will be going back, hopefully in the near future.. Got a couple of pics.. my bream pic turned out shocking.. tottaly out of focus.. anyway.

27.5fl.. terrible pic =S

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PICT0021_AFO.jpg

post-1500-144598464279_thumb.jpg

Yeh was a fun little session that thing that was smashing the bait was nuts i would say a big tailor or giant herring tried casting at it but the 1\40th wouldnt stay in the same place with the imance wind wonder what would have happened on 3lb straight fluro if it hooked up : yep zzzzzzz spooled

Id say it would have been a tarpon, Have had the same thing happen to me and ando before.

Those canals are hard to fish, Ive never really got much from there.. theres plenty of bream there but they are all very finnicky. My best is a 30cm fish but that was fishing from a boat so it made things a bit easier and gave more options to fish. Landbased is quite restricted there.

na lol my rod tips not broken.. thats just one of my bag straps going over the tip.

hmmm yeh... probly was a tarpon or somthing, never seen one swimming in the water before so it could of been. Id still be happy catching a big tarpon :P.

yeah nabs, going by the rules is quite restricting there. But we snuck into some pretty good looking spots. But got the wrath of angry locals =P. "If you cast your "sinkers" into my boat ill come up there and FLOG you". haha

might fish manly this weekend...

sheesh... this thread had a little negative twist?!?!?!. Was a bit of fun kids.

Also.. how's that not funny??? I see the progression of funniness going from :

I have no idea what fish it was --> sausage dog--> catfish --> marlin --> goldfish --> toga --> jordan swimming (minus KFC bucket) --> ya mum.

From the above, the progression of ridiculous possibilities went from bad to worse. With the all time stupid answer that brings back the high school days (for some of us who are no longer there and haven't been for a while) is frikking funny as because its stupid. Its hilarious.

C'mon... its almost un-AFO for a thread to not take a dumb funny twist. Chin up lads. :)

Archived