Fishing Clothing

Gerty_92

depends whether you want to look posh.

Personally i am a scruffbag at heart and am quite happy wearing any old long sleeved shirt as long as its cool and has some pockets.

I scrounge most of mine from Feral as he gets them as part of his work uniform and he even pulls the logos off them. Otherwise they are only $2 at vinnies which is a lot cheaper than $35 or more for a columbia or something similar.

I prefer to spent my money on lures etc.

Another advantage of old gear is that it doesnt matter if it gets dirty or torn as you can just turn it into a rag for the boat.

Ray

i really try to cover up as much as i can...i have had a serious melenoma(spelling) cut out of my leg and had to sit on my behind for several weeks after the excision....and im certain i got it from fishing in the sun....go'so have some awesome hats and gloves and i even wear a pair of shimano quick dry pants.....but a long sleave BRC shirt is all the rage now i hear:P

getting sunburt is not worth it....id like to fish with my grandkids one day....

Gerty_92 wrote:

Hey just wondering what you guys think about clothing for fishing...im mainly talking about the long sleeved breethable shirts and if theres an advantage or would i just be waisting my money buying them???

No it's not a waste of money - I used to wear my long sleeve business shirts as they were cooler then T-shirts and offer more protection but I still got sun burn through them.

I now have switched to the fishing shirts - and yeah Ray I do look cool ;) - but that's easy for me:P - but I also have 30+ protection with out the sunscreen.

THe shirts are realy great for temputure control as well.

It's proberbly too late for me as I surfed for 30 years, mostly with out sun protection, but I mos well try something.

Invest in a good one and you'll never turn back.

You want to talk about fishing clothing Then you should look at the UK Market.

In the summer its full of designer shimano stuff that sells tee shirts for £40 and bottoms for £80 and in the winter ! well you look like an eskimo .

On sunday it was -5 degrees on the banks of the river thames at 6am and it didnt warm up much thoughout the day so i had thermal vest and long johns on followed by long sleeve tee shirt and jogging bottoms , large jumper and waterporof fishing trousers and a large jacket over the lot.

A Warm wooly hat and gloves finished the designer look along with thermal boots !!!:P

You boys dont know what your missing !!!

To F.M.P . Yesterday morning i had to take my boat in for a service as the motor had been playing up a bit last time i used it so i went out for a blat to try and duplicate fault. went out at 5am wearing singlet and shorts temperature was around 23degrees c.

We have a lot to put up with I really dont know how we survive missing 6 layers of clothing,eyes weeping and nose running from the cold.

Ray

As Webmaster stated,

There will be some BRC shirts and stuff available at the comp in a variety of sizes.

These are designed to durable and not just fashionable :)

Also nothing is 100% confirmed, but i think you will be more than happy with the pricing :)

Angus

Cool , that's great - Is there a chance of a pre sale photo of range? (similar to prize shots on main page).

BTW Angus but did you get any in ST and MT sizes for me? :whistle:

ST = small tent :silly:

MT = Med Tent :silly:

Oh yeah did you get any pink ones for Feral :P ( I know - sin bin and gaffs again).

Hey Feral maybe we should use Enviro Nets instead of gaffs - don't hurt as much.:blink:

BD

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/11/07 08:17

Brian D wrote:

Oh yeah did you get any pink ones for Feral :P ( I know - sin bin and gaffs again).

<br><br>Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/11/07 08:17

To Close to the red or orange I have to wear for work! Although my daughter would be impressed.

Dont use enviro bags Brian, to environmentally damaging, all that water they use, and the poison they use to grow the cotton. :whistle:

FISH_mad_POM wrote:

You boys dont know what your missing !!!

Not heard of too many poms getting skin cancer.... well not if they dont leave the UK anyway......

I went out in the bay on Sat and it was pouring rain windy with a swell and I wasl in shorts and a T-shirt .... and I got burnt..... I am an idiot ... in QLD the sun doestn't need to shine to get burnt...

Oh and the water temp hit 24 degrees to...

Angus wrote:

Brian, pics will go up as soon as we have the stock.

And i was thinking about you mate, and several tent size shirts have been accounted for.

I also factored in CT - Circus Tent for over the X-Mas period :P

Angus

I'll take a CT thanks :whistle: :whistle: :unsure:

webmaster wrote:

there will be some great brc fishing clothing for sale at the comp that may interest you. we are doing t-shirts, polos and a long sleeve hard yakka type shirt. B)<br><br>Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2006/11/06 20:30

hope you've got them in huuuge sizes, i'm a sucker for a good event souvineer shirt

I've got a long sleeved Columbia. Its man's best friend when you are baking in the sun. Its pricey, but you can't put a price on avoiding skin cancer. My old man is constantly getting sun spots burnt off him. I keep reminding him that skin damage is cumulative, you more UV the get, the worse off you'll be, but he insists on working in the yard all saturday in a singlet and ending up with lobster grade skin....

I'm thinking of getting a few more soon, but cheaper brands lol. (I think Shimano and Kokoda have reasonable shirts for about 1/3 the price, although the material is no where near as light as Columbia's). With three straight days of fishing coming up and probably 5 or 6 trips in a row, I'm gunna need more shirts lol!

Gerty_92 wrote:

well after all these replies im going to go get my own...wheres the cheapest place to get them?

Mate BCF has them on special for $50 - Shamino and Burkley Gulp - Gezz the Gulp shirts make you look like a real pro. That's why I bought one - I can't catch fish so I mos well fake it.

Archived