Bit more go

Dimo

prop size will help with speed and hole shots..ie-smaller will make you get out of the "hole" quicker but wil sacrifice top speed. larger ones will do the opposite.

also making sure your motor is installered correcty and trimmed right will make big differences.

i personlly liek smaller props as they get you up on the plane quicker..im not all that concerned with top speed of a boat as you should never hold an outboat at WOT for very long.

keeping in mind if you do down size your prop make sure its within your motor's maximum rpm range as smaller props rev more

nitrous? :laugh:

a well tuned prop is the go... engineers can design a prop to suit your motor to allow maximum top end as well as good jump out of the water. an example - my dad's yatch used to have a top speed of 4.8knots under motor. with a new and properly designed prop top speed is now 7.2knots... cost a bit but i well worth it.

benno573 wrote:

nitrous? :laugh:

a well tuned prop is the go... engineers can design a prop to suit your motor to allow maximum top end as well as good jump out of the water. an example - my dad's yatch used to have a top speed of 4.8knots under motor. with a new and properly designed prop top speed is now 7.2knots... cost a bit but i well worth it.

i dare say doing that would be worth more than is 20hp..you can buy rascal props for abotu $120..i dont know what size they havae for your motor...if you want i can fid out for you?just give me your motor details

mate i have a spair foil lying about here if u want to try it..

tez-yes the hub kit aswell. i think i can get them for about $100ish...my tohatsu 25 (wich is modified to a 30) comes with a 13P prop i think and i'll be downsizing that to an 11 for better hole shots as i have added a lot of weight to my stock hull..i have 1 very near new 13pitch prop which i have modified at home to give me better hole shots compared to the stock item which i didnt want to alter..

so if anyone wants my modified 13p prop or a brand new 13p prop to suit a tohatsu/mercury please let me no,as ill be buying my 11p soon..im fairly sure they fit mercs as they are the same motor (newer ones) you may also be lucky enought to have it fit yammies,johno's,suzies etc..

mate i just measures it and its about 125-230mm..(thats the modified one)

i can measure the OEM on too if you want

..btw wear did u find the props on the bla website..i cant find any more merc/toeys..i can find them in my price book tho??

Archived