Offshore Kayaking: Snapper PB SMASHED on 4lbs

Terry H

werewolf wrote:

Wow thanks Terry. I guess with the 4lb u get a lot sensativity to pick small bites, but I guess the tradeoff is the slightess nick in the mainline and its all over. I always though snapper were dirty fighters too, so either that assumption is wrong, or that was one dumb fish!

LMAO, Terry and a dumb fish all in the same sentance lol. :P

Al

werewolf wrote:

Wow thanks Terry. I guess with the 4lb u get a lot sensativity to pick small bites, but I guess the tradeoff is the slightess nick in the mainline and its all over. I always though snapper were dirty fighters too, so either that assumption is wrong, or that was one dumb fish!

They need something to bust you off on though.. Out there, there's a marker and thats about it

I can't answer that question sorry, but an alternative launch site would be inside the passage and head out through the bar. I didn't get too close to, and didn't really look at the bar, but even the other day (wasn't that big of a swell) it was breaking pretty well

werewolf wrote:

thanks Terry

Yeah I figured there must have been some serious structure about if there are big snapper around. Or so I would have thoughB)

As Lee found out the marker is a serious bit of structure. I believe schultzy found that out a few times before too ;)

But seriously I think if theres no structure for ages, any bit of structure, despite how small will house fish ;)

Archived