olympic fishing

James W

without sounding like a dumb question...do you guys and gals reckon it would be possible to have some sort of fishing as an olympic sport?

e.g in sydney 2000 they could have had either breaming or bassin as a comp

or would it be too hard coming from another country to another and trying to beat the host nation?....all im saying fishing is a great sport!:)

what you think?..possible or just a dream?

I don't think it will ever happen, because every event that I can think of right now, in the olympics at the moment, are almost entirely dependent on the athlete's performance, and not dominated by external factors. Fishing is too variable, and it would be impossible to set records for (that are justifiable).

So I think it will only ever be a dream:(

Cowfish13 wrote:

I don't think it will ever happen, because every event that I can think of right now, in the olympics at the moment, are almost entirely dependent on the athlete's performance, and not dominated by external factors. Fishing is too variable, and it would be impossible to set records for (that are justifiable).

So I think it will only ever be a dream:(

What about equestrian events?

Cheers,

Matt

Cowfish13 wrote:

The horses would be counted as an athlete because they are personally trained and selected to be in the olympic team. A jockey wouldn't be able to perform to the same levels on any odd horse

True, true! would make it interesting though if they just chucked the riders on any old nag, be it a wormy old thing bound for dog food or a half broken stockhorse! Hey that's a great idea for a new olympic event - rodeo!

Cheers,

Matt

i believe the biggest stopper would be its considered a blood sport by many europeans there fore it wouldnt get in much like fox hunting bunny busting etc mind you the 100m metres chook chop could make a great tv sport i dont think the kids would apreciate it though:)

Archived