AFO Kayak meet&greet REPORT

kriso

well what can i say it was HUGE! but i would be lying, after getting to the ramp unable to find terry or lee and ringing terry @5am but no anwser i guessed they werent coming. ( i shoulda checked the thread before coming). so i thought well im here so might as well head out. there was lots of talk at the ramp about strong winds that were ment to coming in later in the moring but the weather was perfect glass all the way, got to one of my fav spots and got the popper out, chased small short bust ups around but missed the action a few times then finally got my lure right on top of one pop pop pop then bang the lure was smashed and a good fight came on, i lust say the drag on the sol's are fantastic so smooth! got it near the boat and saw a massive tailor and it bolted got her back and on my lap when i went to grab the camera and it made another jump while i just had the leader in my hand and it spat the lure, gave me the finger and landed back in the water, a resonating FU&*! :angry: was heard through the canals lol, this fish was easy over 50cm but hey no pics no proof so wont go on about it after that the surface action had died down. trolled my favorite lure at t the moment r2s baby crank! around and had many missed hookups and caught a few little bream and a baby flattie. got to one end of a canal and could see what looked like a midget fishing landbased, i thought whats terry doing fishing landbased and paddled up only to find a little stuffed bear with a stick in its hand and a stubbie beside it setup:laugh: , decided to head back towards jacobs well and drifted along with sp out, again quite a few enquiries but no hook ups i guess small bream, I then saw another kayak in the water and chased it down to find it was some guy just out for a paddle. :blush: floated along a bit more then thought that was enough just as i was about to start to pack up mal showed up! yeah i have allready met mal before so i just greeted him :P decided to take mal to the canals for a look and he proceded to cath a tailor on gar, i trolled my fav lure and hooked up to a nice little flattie on 42cm. we trolled and drifted baits for a bit for anothing and decided to float back towards jacobs cause the wind had came up a little ( 5-10knots nothin huge) and drifted a sp for a couple of menecing little bream with no hook ups from me but i think mal got one up. got back to the ramp and packed up while mal got hassled by the local on his filleting technique about taking to much fish off the frame. (the local was a pelican).

shame no people got involved as it was a great day on the water, and we should give a 2cnd attempt at getting this one going again.

few pics to follow when i get home.

Archived