rust proofing my boat

benandshell

Not really an issue, as most of the excess will drip of in the first couple of days. Biggest issue is that it will tend to attract dust, and if you have kids - dont unless you want to be washing the kids cloths with an irate wife giving you an earful at the same time.

I ended up kill rusting mine instead because of that. Otherwise it would have got the sump oil treatment.

oils is oils any sump oil will do and as far as dust goes that the whole idear the dust sticks to the oil mixture and that leaves a covering over the trailer and the more you do it the better B) we used to cover our trailer with sumpoil nd diesle then go for a drive down a dirt road to get the dust over the trailer very good;) even did this to the doors and sils and guards to our 68 ve valiant and it still has no rust in it after all these years:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: go the mopar ( valiant for those who dont know)B)

Old sump oil isn't the best for the environment please consider another alternative.

I used to use it and also used to coat my trailer springs with axle grease and always used to leave an oil slick in the water when I launched.

If you go to a certain freshwater lake just outside Maryborough with a oil sprayed trailer you will be given marching orders by the ranger.

Cheers

Ray

Archived