NZ Trip

Dan23

Hi Guys,

Just got back from NZ last night. That place is awesome, especially Queenstown:P I thought I might post this pic (taken with one of those mini tripods on a timer) up as it is probably the nicest place I have ever wet a line even though there were no fish anywhere to be seen. Apparently they are like NPD Bass and all holding out deep in Winter but in summer they head back up the streams and that's when the fly fishermen have their fun. I'll definitely be heading back in Summer one day, need to learn to fly first because spinning seems to be heavily frowned upon there. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/fishing500.jpg

post-1402-144598471116_thumb.jpg

what !!! no fishing!

twist her arm into letting you go out on a charter!

try fish kiakora! opperator/owner is johnny!

will only take 3 hrs of her/your day!

if not go to kiakora anyway it is the bace place ever!

have a good trip donut king!

cheers for the pic dan v/nice!

cheers Ian.

I wish I got to do more tackle shopping. Visited a couple of places but we were always in a rush so didn't get to really look around properly. It is amazing how many NZers are into Trout fishing, as soon as I brought it up they would get really passionate about it. Like I said before, the impression I got was that spinning gear is thought of as unsportsmanlike over there, but they reckon if you do use it tassie devils in the traffic light colour are supposed to be deadly. [img size=375]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/onemile500.jpg

post-1402-144598471148_thumb.jpg

Yeah, it really is worth the effort to visit. I'd recommend just flying straight to Queenstown and hiring a car to drive along the coast. We used a tour bus which was ok, but always being on a schedule is very annoying. Would love to go again in Summer and just have 2 weeks to explore, fish and take photos.

Archived