Anaconda Fathers Day sale.

Feral

Well Dropped in to Anaconda today to see what they had in the sale. Basically while getting ready for the Glenlyon Cod trip in a few weeks, I looked ay my rack of expensive heavy rods and my shelf of expensive baitcasters and thought, Nup, need some cheep stuff for the kids to use!

So after Michael said they had a special on rods, I figured I'd check out the full setup.

Picked up 2 x 7 foot Silstar Rods, reduced from $100 to $20 each. Score.

Then I opened the catalog, they had 3000 series Fin Nor reels for $28 for club members. Crap a quick check and I had the key ring with the club card on it, in business! 2 of those for $56. Score again!

Then I thought about my 2000 yard of 20lb Spiderwire in the shed, nup not spooling the kids reels with that!, gotta get some mono!

Wandered over to the mono shelf, had a look at the Mojiko stuff. Wow, thinnest mono I have ever seen! That will do I thought! Picked up a 600m spool of 15lb (0.30mm diameter, as thin as good brand 12lb!)for $8 Score again!

Picked up a 30m 12lb flouro leader spool for myself (for the Glenlyon Yella's!), and quite happily parted with my $115.

Good on ya Anaconda, 2 quality outfits for Cod fishing for the kids for under $50 each!

Archived