KOOKA PK 17/3/07

Lozzel

Well most of the unpacking has been done,so wife and I headed to kooka park for the afternoon.

Arrived at ramp and launched at 2pm .Went up to the bend and casted for livies(only got 2 boneys big ones).Put out 2 crab pots and started to fish at 2.30.Glenda (no1 deckie) got a cattie and I thought this will be our lot with the revheads in their ski boats racing past. :angry: Shortly after at arround 3pm, Deckie had a big run,to our surprise a threadie was tail walking. :ohmy: After a battle a 80+ cm fish was in the esky.I had a run on a 20cm livie but did not connect. Then soon after my line went again, and another 80+cm threadie was dancing for us :ohmy: .All went quiet for awhile until glenda hooked up ,this fish had alot of go ,after about 10 mins and and a couple of fast runs a 80+cm BULLIE came onboard.After a couple of brag shots, as this was our first ever Bullie the fish was released to fight another day ;) .

At 4.45pm no 1 deckie was on again another 80+ cm BULLIE #2 for the day,more photos and he was also released. :)

Pulled the pots at 5pm and headed for home,all crabs undersized.

Tallie for 3hrs fishing

Me 1 threadie 1cattie

No 1 deckie 1 Threadie

2 Bullies

3 catties (crabpot bait)

A great afternoon was had and the 2 threadies went 3.1 kg & 3kg .

My drought might be broken at last.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Will post photos when I can resize them.

Post edited by: Lozzel, at: 2007/03/17 20:55

post-742-144598408877_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jeff, Yep it sure is.I didnt think we would do anygood with all the noisey ski boats. So we went a bit further arround the bend, Found a deep hole(8mts just after full tide) on the same side as the pontoon.Just opposit the biggest gum tree.

All the fish were caught using strips of boney cut about 1\" wide ;)

RAY. Yes she was realy stoked at catching the BIGGIES.First in quiet awhile.

I usually get outfished by her when ever we go :(

Jeff , are you anygood at splicing ropes?? That second BULLIE decided to have ago at my anchor rope,Now its only holding by 1 strand. :blush:

Archived