Expressions of Interest, Lady Musgrave trip

haines490slc

I was up at Herron this week for work, the place reminded me of Lady Musgrave and how good the fishing it there. I am in the process of trying to get a crew together to head over sometime between the September Holidays, and Christmas (don't want to go during school kids holidays)

The island can take 40 people, I am going to ring and find out availability on Monday. If you want to take your boat you will need it to be able to handle rought ocean conditions, be fairly powerful, have a big fuel tank and capacity to take extra fuel.

The island only has a long drop toilet so you need to take everything you need including drinking water in with you. We will be packing fairly light as you catch so much fish you just eat fish all the time. I will have two spots on my boat, I have one mate who sounds pretty keen, if you don't want to catch the boat the spirit of 1770 can take you over, however it is fairly expensive. If you want further details PM me, more details as they come to hand.

Manni, will probably leave Brisbane on the Friday, get to 1770 that night, stay there the night, then leave for Musgrave sparrows on Saturday (weather permitting) stay 5 nights, then head home Thurdsay to 1770, and go home either that night (if not too tired) or next day, will probably take the monday after the weekend off too, that gives us a few days grace if the weather is shithouse, it is cheap as to stay on the island so just book for extra nights. For those thinking they may take boats, in the worst case scenario where the winds and waves jack right up, the coral cay has a pretty safe anchorage for safety. Lets face it, there are far worse places in the world to be stuck a few days.

Manni, will probably leave Brisbane on the Friday, get to 1770 that night, stay there the night, then leave for Musgrave sparrows on Saturday (weather permitting) stay 5 nights, then head home Thurdsay to 1770, and go home either that night (if not too tired) or next day, will probably take the monday after the weekend off too, that gives us a few days grace if the weather is shithouse, it is cheap as to stay on the island so just book for extra nights. For those thinking they may take boats, in the worst case scenario where the winds and waves jack right up, the coral cay has a pretty safe anchorage for safety. Lets face it, there are far worse places in the world to be stuck a few days.

Sweet, will PM you soon maybe for December if feasible, mind you I am in Fiji for 8 days in December so could be a small trip for me maybe 3 days or something like that

I have done some initial calculations, it is $32 bucks for accomodation, we will have to hurry and book coz availability is running low in some weeks, 1200 km to tow, so my car will use about 100lts of diesel to get there, boats will need about 230lts of fuel each, that works out to around $600 per boat to tow it up and get it out there and back with some contingency fuel, then you just need food, and bait and piss. I am going to confirm some dates with Zano, kiwiboy and another mate of mine and then get it organised.

The plan for this trip is progressing well, It looks like the dates will be late November at this stage, I am going to get the final dates for leave off my mate I usually go with and Zano early next week and book, so I should have dates and availability by then. At this stage it looks like me and zano are in and kiwiboy is keen as, plus another old mate of mine who is not on AFO. So there should be a good crew and a couple of deckie spots, more info as it comes to hand.

I would love to be part of this adventure but will need to work out my work load and ease the minister for war and finance into it. 650 sea legend with 220 ponies 210 liters fuel and 100 liters water should suffice With sleepin for three with out the need to spoon

I would love to be part of this adventure but will need to work out my work load and ease the minister for war and finance into it. 650 sea legend with 220 ponies 210 liters fuel and 100 liters water should suffice With sleepin for three with out the need to spoon
Azza,nice boat, you will be the biggest, I have a 5m haines half cab with a 150 yammie, Zano has a 560 Trailcraft sportscab with a 140 suzi, Brian (mate not on AFO) has a barcrusher 6 m with a 140 suzi, you can lead the way in that beast, dates are last two weeks of November, just waiting for Zano to confirm which one, details tommorrow mate, would be great if you could come, I will be booking extra spots on the island so it isn't too croweded (it is around 6 bux a night per person, but if you sleep on your boat no need to book!) welcome aboard, hope you can come.

Archived