Singapore Tackle Stores

Jords

Hey guys, heading to Europe for three weeks for fan holiday/dad's 60th etc.

Coming back via one or two nights in Singapore, was wondering, what should I buy and where!?

I'm looking mostly at bream/bass gear, rather than game fishing and jigging gear. Who has shopped there, what can I expect to pay and where do I go??

So far I've got this

haha, you'll love the tackle shops in singapore dude. waaay better than the shops here. you'd better have 5 or 10 credit cards ready. everything is substantially cheaper (30-50%) cheaper than it is for the same thing locally. you'll also find that most of the shops stock much higher end gear as compared to the general level of gear that is sold in most shops locally as well. almost all the tackle shops in singapore are on or nearby 1 street - Beach Road, really convenient to get to by taxi, and it's walking distance from the nearest monorail train stop (Bugis Station). if you're in town for only 1 day however, i'd recommend that you just take a taxi from the airport or your hotel. save time and hassle. 1 thing to note though - most tackle shops are closed on sundays.

If you're into hardcore luring and are ready to splurge on some megabass, evergreen, ima, imakatsu, jackson etc goodness, head to Lure Haven. It's a dedicated lure fishing shop and one of my mates owns the place. ask if dave is in, otherwise stephen will take good care of you there. you've been warned tho - be prepared to hold back when u see walls covered in lures and row upon row of megabass and evergreen rods ;).

add - 10 Bussorah Street

Singapore 199488

Angler's outfitters, or AO as most us know it stocks alot of premium gear as well, and they carry alot of dedicated popping and jigging or heavy bottom fishing gear. Smith, K's Labo, HOTS, etc. http://anglersoutfittersingapore.blogspot.com/

Joe's tackle is not too bad. small shop, but it has quite alot of good stuff in it.

Joe Fishing Tackle (S)

331 Beach Rd, 199562, Singapore

p: 63923888 f: 63927522

One other good shop I'd recommend you to visit is Sabre Fishing Tackle. They stock a good range of rod building supplies and also carry a more general range of tackle.

285 Beach Road

Cheers guys!

Archived