tangalooma jetty

cookie_7

Not sure about the Jetty specifically but it is a Blue zone.

/>http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/register/p02878aa.pdf

HPZ

Habitat protection (dark blue) zone (30%)

Protect sensitive habitats by keeping them generally

free from potentially damaging activities. No trawling

is allowed in these zones.

What can I do there?

Boating

Diving

Line ï¬shing

Trolling

Crabbing

Bait gathering

Bait netting

Netting (other than bait netting)

Limited spearï¬shing*

Limited collecting

Trawling NOT PERMITTED

if i wasa you i would travle than extra 10mins nth and fish cowan cowan. fish for yellow-tail kings, cobia, snapper, sweetlip, parrot, ect or one of many beacons for yellow-tail kings, cobia, mackeral, tuna ect their is also a good reef nth-wst of tanga as well.

if you start cubing yoou should attract the kings up atleast

they have a lot of restrictions on bait and lures there to reduce the hazard of hooking up a dolphin. I have caught some nice bream and tailor off the jetty but if you are going there on a boat there are much better places to fish, like the wrecks.

They were quite strict on the rules a year ago but they have taken some of the rules off. You can live bait from the jetty now allowed to use SP and HB but the Hb must only have a single hook attached. There is no line restrictions anymore also. When the dolphin feeding is going on the head feeder will normally ask for you to stop fishing untill the feeding is over. You arent allowed to cast net off the jetty if there is a dolphin within either 500mtrs or 200mtrs didnt take much notice on that as i didnt have a net over there.

cookie7: If you are going to fish near the jetty the best time would be after 7:30pm as the barges come and go all day. I would also try live baiting out past the jetty 50mtrs or so there is a good population of kings, cobia and longtail that cruise up and down.

Thanks for that guys! Yerh i fish around the beacons n reefs at Moreton Island. I just wanted to catch pikes as i heard there is plenty of pikes around the jetty. Just so hard to find pikes in the bay! Watched a few YOUTUBE videos (how to catch pike, over at Redciff) geez they make it look so easy.

Hi Cookie - If you are looking for pike they are usually pretty easy to catch around the Mainly boat harbor. Maybe Launch from there and get your bait there. Also there often big schools of Pike on the north West tip of Macleay Island as well. When they are there they show up on the sounder as a big school. I am also usually plagued by the buggers on the north west side of Peel as well. Hate the buggers wrecking my plastics.

Archived