Another slow one NPD.24/11/12

rayke1938

Back again with Rick and Mark.

Once again we had to work hard for the fish.

Ended up with 10 bass ( Best one well over 40)

6 yellas best one getting towards 60.

Took 3 of the smaller yellas for a feed,

Also fed percy the pelican with a couple of the bass that were bleeders.

Cheers

Ray

post-230-144599084839_thumb.jpg

post-230-144599084844_thumb.jpg

post-230-144599084848_thumb.jpg

post-230-144599084852_thumb.jpg

If you look closely you can see where Mark got overexcited. :blush:

post-230-144599084856_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Ray for another great day fishing with lots of laughs and great fish.

As Ray said, it was a very slow start. To make matters more interesting, Ray had changed the seats and mine had bloody great screws poking threw into my bum - OUCH! I spent about 15 minutes modifying the seat so I could sit on it without stabbing myself in the bum. Rick spent the first couple of hours re-rigging after constantly busting off on snags. I suggested that Ray didn't really want to fish with us and had planned the pointy screws and Rick's snags. Strangely, this suggestion was met with a great deal of laughter! :)

We had to move around a fair bit before we started to get a few. The pelican we know from previous trips but it seemed a bit nervous this time not coming closer than 3 or 4 metres. We think someone must have done something to make it wary. Last time we saw it, it came right up to the side of the boat. Okay, we toss it the odd small (well mostly small) fish... Anyway, Mr. Percival (as we dubbed it, in memory of Stormboy), followed us around the dam until we came home.

We ended the day with only 16 fish which included 6 Yellowbelly up to 57cms. We each got a good sized bass over 40cms with the best at 47cm, and we got at least one Yellowbelly each.

Archived