Winger Mud Crab???

Woodlaz

G'day Guys,

I was recently on holidays up the Sunshine Coast and went into a fresh seafood shop at Mooloolaba. I saw cooked mud crabs for sale and noticed they had what appeared to be undersized crabs. Upon further inspection I noticed that the smaller looking ones were labelled "Winger Mud Crabs". They look almost identical to your every day mud crab, just smaller. The young lady I spoke to couldn't shed any light on it.

I have never seen these before and have tried googleing it but I can't find any info.

Just wondering if any of you have seen/heard of these Winger Mud Crabs before? and possibly shed some light. I'm guessing they may be from another state or something with different laws/species of crab.

Cheers

Woodlaz

Thanks Ray,

I would have done it when I saw them but my friggin phone was flat cause we had been at Aussie zoo all day. I don't know when I'll get up there next. Maybe for work during the week hopefully :P I will update if/when I go.

If someone is heading up there and wants to have a look - send me a PM and I will tell you what shop and where it is. Not sure if I should name em on a public forum until it has been confirmed.

Cheers

woodlaz

Archived