snatcher

northern nsw We Fly Out To Oz 06 Feb

We leave the UK 06 Feb for oz and will be staying there until 01 May.  We will be staying at our daughters in Warriewood near Mona Vale.  It will be our 7th ozzie trip since I took early retirement just over 10 Years ago.

I love fishing in oz and have caught 46 species in my previous trips.  Looking forward to adding to my species list but am finding it harder each trip.

If anyone in the Warriewood area wants to take a wrinkley old pommie barsteward out fishing I would appreciate it.  Cannot beat local knowledge.

John

Please login or register to see this quote.

hahahaha love it. I wish I was down that way I would take you out. If you find yourself up in Brisbane send me a message and we will sort you out. 

Good luck 🙂

Thought the "pommie barsteward" would be appreciated.  Went on a 3 day camping/drinking/fishing trip up to Lake St Clair with some ozzie mates a few trips back. What a howl it was and I even managed to catch a bass between drinking bouts.

Must have been called a "pommie barsteward" at least once every 5 minutes over the trip.  What a great bunch of fishos. Even managed to catch a "drop bear" on camera a few times.

Please login or register to see this link.

As you might guess,photography is one of my hobbies.  I am "Geordiepix"

Thanks for the kind offer Drop Bear but no plan to head Brizzy way on the trip. 

John

Think my mate Nimrod (Frank) is trying to arrange another trip for us to Lake St Clair 😀 and a sea fishing trip as well. We did have a trip down to Bermagui a while back. Had the pleasure of trying that good bush tucker "damper" cooked during our Lake St Clair  trip 😁

Please login or register to see this image.

We fly out 4 weeks tomorrow,bring it on.

John

Drop Bear,just watched an ozzie travel show here in Pommieland "Cruising with Jane McDonald".  She was in Brizzie and it has won us over - I think.

If we come up your way will message you 🙂 Would be good to meet up.  How far away are you from the city ?

John

About 20 to 25 mins. I live on the bay. I will be away for 2 weeks in Feb for vintage in Victoria. I don't know dates yet. If you know any species that you would like to target let me know. If the weather is good we could get Spanish Mackerel and Dolphin fish. I only have a 5m open boat so that trip is very weather dependent but we might get lucky. There are lots of options for fish in the bay. I have been chasing some sharks lately which is fun.

good timing as the barramundi season opens on my birthday 1st of feb. good time to start spinning for some mackeral in the bay the next two weekends before (fingers crossed). got to hone those skills in for when i go chasing the those big biting creatures.