lowrance sounders and bcf

jeff f

i just went into bcf at ipswich to buy a sounder

got as far as the checkout and checked in the box to

make sure everything was there

no mounting bracket?

kid behind counter tells me thats how lowrance sounders come, you have to buy the mount separately???

can anyone tell me if this bit of idiocy is true

where can i buy a reasonable sounder for the right price......NOW

Jeff I have bought plenty lowrance sounders and they do come with sounder bracket just not the rams bracket with gimble knob wich atachs to the sounder bracket but if mounting to a flat section you dont need rams bracket so I would say someone has helped them self to it.

noname wrote:

jeff, a mate just called to tell me he just bought a color navman sounder $289 from bias, this might helh ya out

Methinks I'll be ringing Bias in the morning to double check that. Awfully cheap for a colour sounder. Any idea on the model number? Is it a special that they all have or was he in the right place at the right time?

My local BCF. Heaps of gear however the service is complete crap. No one knows what your talking about and couldnt give a shit. To top it all off the lady at the counter must be 60 with lots of colours in her hair. Actually you would probably get a strike from a big fish if you trawled her behind a boat! LOL!:lol:

sadly theives arent tolerated. and really? who could really want a pathetic thing like a mounting bracket. they dont cost that much to order in from lowrance, lol :laugh: plus i was there when jeff was there as well. if i had known what was going on it could have been easily fixed by contacting lowrance and inquiring as to whether a bracket was included in the package, very simple... B)

And as a side note...

When you say the stores staff members know sh*t all...are you sure?

I know that one of the fellas just had his 18th birthday and he fishes offshore FIJI every couple of months. I know that one fella lives at bribie on the canals, has his own tinny and cruise craft, and spends at least 7 or 8 days a month fishing offshore out from moreton and catches massive snapper, kingies,tuna and more using all manner of techniques, including plastics...one of the guys there has lived in every state of Australia and has caught more species of fish alone than most people have fish on this site. One of the fellas lived on the fizroy river in northern WA for most of his childhood, and is passionate about fishing for mary river and murray cod. One guy there literally lives for bass, he is hell bent on the buggers and has more fishing literature on the subject then most newsagents do! One kid there is 15 and fishes the Clarence River Gorge at least once a year, with catches of bass over the 55cm FL mark under his belt.

Hell, two of the employees there live on the upper tidal reaches of the brisbane river and know the place like the back of their hand. Most of the guys there are just over 18 and already have numerous combo's worth over the $1000 mark, thats how serious they are about fishing.

So, I'm just a bit confused as to how you can say they know sh!t all? Seems they know a god damn fair amount if you ask me :blink:

Cheers

jeffy boy.

i said thats how that sounder comes. its an out of date model. so therefore it did not come with the bracket. probably why they blocked it in the first place. even one of the colour ones dont come with the mount. you went away with a better qaulity sounder any way. any buddy i ant no kid. whos the one having a winge on here??

Wow! What a response to a topic!!! Man if I knew it would be that hot I should have created a topic called BCF sucks! LOL! Look all shops have good and bad employees and those with experience and those who need it.:P

For the record the old lady must be in her 50s, and she is at the Cannon Hill store. Check her out if you must. LOL!:laugh: I still think a Marlin might have a go!:lol:

Wow. WHo spends the most does not make them the most knowledgable. I have many 1000's of $$$$ worth of gear myself and i cant catch a cold.

Jeff had every right in complaining if he didnt like the service he recieved. Thats his perogative.

If the point was made to Jeff in the above manner then maybe it was not conveyed adequately.

Working in a shop like that is in a SERVICE industry. Do you really think its helps BCF's cause coming on a forum and giveing it to 1 of the shops customers.

That is definatelly 1 customer that will not be back now, who in the past has also spend many $$$$ at the store.

I think your store manager will be very disappointed with you guys and your behaviour if he/she knew your were stirring up customers on a public forum.

I for 1 and can guarantee many other memeber on here wont shop at that shop again.

Well done guys you have just affected the shops business in a bigger way than you realise.

Richard.

Guys, SETTLE!

BCF hav got some great staff on hand who are very knowledgeable and are willing to help out the best they can

They also have some people who work there simply for some money and have no idea about what they're trying to sell

It's the same at every store in every type of business

shortie wrote:

As a mateer of fact a link to this thread and a PDF version will be sent to Head office and BCF Ipswich

Is there really a need for that? The guys were trying to defend their business as anyone would and should

You would react the same if someone said that about your business

Thank you Cowfish!

I agree that some staff members work only for money and no little about the industry, but that doesn't mean ALL of the team are complete idiots! 99.9% of the staff at BCF ipswich know what their on about!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to sit back and not say anything when one of this sites members brings up BCF, espcially our store, and bags the crap out of it? It sucks! And believe me you guys do it enough...

And as a side note. Any one knew to the brisbane area who comes into our store wanting to know where the best fishing is, gets strongly advised by myself and hugh to jump on this website and check out the forums.

I just wish you guys out there would realise BCF isn't full of dumbsh#ts that have no idea what fishing is about. And go ahead, send it to head office, I don't care - We defended our store from your god damn cop outs and thats realy all I care about.

Cheers.

Tom

Well Plastic Fantastic,

It kinda works both ways,good experiences,bad experiences.

People on forums tell of good/bad experiences,

quite regularly posts are put in here on good deals/or things of interest available at BCF`s Stores.

I personnally,have experienced good and not so good service at BCF,Ipswich,so for a while now,unless you have something that I specificly want from BCF I go to Charlton`s Redbank first,and I`m not Robinson Crusoe,among my fishing aquaintances.

Thanks for that bit of info Jeff, I'll keep my eye out for that type of thing when I purchase a sounder next time.

I've met and delt with some great blokes in my local BCF at Cannon Hill, Very friendly and helpful. With that being said I have met some absolute tossers as well. The last couple of times I have been there the good fellahs have been replaced with tossers. After my last visit I wont be shopping at Cannon Hill BCF again. I left there and went straight to A-mart and was treated well, I spent $200 and saved money by going there. But I must say that the guy I delt with at A-mart knew nothing about fishing, but what he lacked in knowledge he more than made up for with his willingness to help, great attitude towards the customers and cheerful manner.

So if this does get passed on to BCF management, Give your good sales people a raise and keep them, get rid of some of the fools that you hire, Your business is suffering from their incompetance and people like me are walking out the door and spending our hard earned money else where.

Jayson

username_taken wrote:

I've never had anything but great service out at BCF ipswich. They don't even bitch and moan when I show up with a pile of gas tanks to fill up.

And neither should they. Its their job.

Being from a training and policy background i can see a couple of problems here.

1. Age and inexperience shining through

Leave the defending of the business to management. You young people have only made the whole situation worse. You have potentially made the Business suffer through lack of judgement and experience on a public forum.

2. Lack of training.

3. Lack of good communication.

I applaude you for being passionate about your employment/employer and your obvious fishing interests.

Do you job, enjoy your job leave management tasks to the appropriate people. You have damaged the work of experienced people through lack of age/experience.

btw shortie, pull your head in mate. The boys are just defending themselves from what they thought was an attack on their professionalism. Yes they could have responded better, but whatever we're all here because we love fishing so we should overlook dumb things people say occasionally, that's what mates do, and really AFO is the biggest collection of mates you can find.

What purpose would sending a transcript of the thread to their boss do? It's only the internets, there's no need to get all serious about it. Would you really want these boys to get into trouble possibly even fired just because they spoke their mind on the forums?

Fishing_Cherry wrote:

and if jeff wanted it that badly we could have ordered the missing part in for him at no exspense or a new outfit altogether, not hard :cheer:

i wanted it that day was going fishing that night

and the box had already been opened sometime before they got it out of the locked cupboard

i'm in no way complaining about the service i got from the staff, the guys did all they could to help and ended up selling me another sounder when i went back that afternoon after doing a bit of research on other brands

in my opinion the guys at the ipswich store are hellpfull and know thier stuff and if they dont know they get someone who does

Fishing_Cherry wrote:

no problem man. just hate to see people bagging out the place, as i know all the people and hate to see them get nailed for their hard work.

wow this has gone too far

1 i never bagged bcf

2 i never bagged any of the staff

]3 only thing i bagged was lowrance

username_taken wrote:

btw shortie, pull your head in mate. The boys are just defending themselves from what they thought was an attack on their professionalism. Yes they could have responded better, but whatever we're all here because we love fishing so we should overlook dumb things people say occasionally, that's what mates do, and really AFO is the biggest collection of mates you can find.

What purpose would sending a transcript of the thread to their boss do? It's only the internets, there's no need to get all serious about it. Would you really want these boys to get into trouble possibly even fired just because they spoke their mind on the forums?

pffffft

shortie wrote:

username_taken wrote:

pffffft/quote]

I don`t think I want to know what the uneditted reply was.

WayneD wrote:

noname wrote:
jeff, a mate just called to tell me he just bought a color navman sounder $289 from bias, this might helh ya out

Methinks I'll be ringing Bias in the morning to double check that. Awfully cheap for a colour sounder. Any idea on the model number? Is it a special that they all have or was he in the right place at the right time?

no i don't know the model number, and don't think it's on special, but if you are after 1 let me know, and i'll check with my mate

Archived